been slim my whole life, how to gain weight?

WaterMelon34 said:
Just eat. Eat until you look like a ball, then work out and you will gain more weight but look better. Personally, I am just gonna stay slim because I'd look like a retard if I was buff.

well its obivous you dont know much about it, because to get muscles you will have to lose weight first, if you're a ball that is. It is a lot easier to get buff if you're slim.

If you want to do it proper, stay away from sugar and yes take protein shakes before working out and dont forget to drink lots of water and jog to get your condition higher so you can keep up longer workout sessions

Shens has the right idea, its simple and yet hard as that
my way is different tho and easier to keep up with

ok
I wake up early(if i sleep, nothing wrong with skipping days if you ask me), getting a good sleeping rithme is very very important
i do some morning excersizes, usually that would be some airbiking
sit on your back on the hard ground (better for your back), put your hands under your but, and just make a cycling motion above you like you are riding a bike, stretch a few times aswell, long muscles is better than short (altho karate people might state otherwise)
then just do an easy 25 pushups, or 20 or whatever you can keep up with, just do it, and the faster the easier, but its better to stay down for a second when you do pushups. These too will do your arms (im sry i dont know the right terms), shoulder, belly and leg muscles,

very easy and only 15 or 20 minutes

thats the start of your day, if you have time over, take a short rest and do a jog. Or dont if you do not like to jog, but in the morning the parks are usually (over here) crowded with hot jogging chicks so it is kinda a plus to jog in the morning. In the midday its time to do longer excersize, do some jogging, do some slow weight lifting, and use something pull yourself up on (i use the bathroom door), pull yourself up without jumping and hold your head as long as possible above your hands (if you can imagine this)
or like me you could buy a boxing bag, just punch it for aslong as you can, this will get you condition, a good punch and ofcourse get you some muscles in the long run.
taking short breaks is fine.
do some more pushups whatever.
Now about food, i dont have much to add it here that others havent said, stay away from sugar, no more sugar in your tea and coffee, no more sugary things, if you like sugary things, atleast eat a lot less than before, eat a salad before dinner, it is quiet tasty, very healthy and very easy to make.
Want to know a great salad? buy, letuce, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, white cheese, (you know the greekish ones, i prefer the salty) olives, nuts, all kinds of nuts, roast some nuts for a min to make them taste better (the ones that are in those big yellow sun flowers are the tasty roasted)
now mix this all up, put salt, pepper, oil and balsamico vinegar on it and you have one hell of a tasty salad, and you cant eat to much of this! its quiet addictive even, and in a ****ing healthy way.

if you prefer do another 20 pushups before you go to bed.

This should help you on your way and condition is more important than weight, trust me on that one

DizzyOne said:
well its obivous you dont know much about it, because to get muscles you will have to lose weight first, if you're a ball that is. It is a lot easier to get buff if you're slim.

If you want to do it proper, stay away from sugar and yes take protein shakes before working out and dont forget to drink lots of water and jog to get your condition higher so you can keep up longer workout sessions
need i say more.

sry?

edit i might want to add about the jogging, dont worry about your tempo, this was a problem i had at start, i tried to jog too fast, dont, take a very very slow tempo and just keep it up aslong as possible, take a mp3 player with you and just look at the sky or something XD

However, jogging to often can lead to heart problems. Limit serious jogging to twice a week.

yeh, if i didnt say this is my earlier post already, if you get to the point where you can slowly jog for 60 minutes, start sprinting from then on

Max35 said:
Protein is essential, yes, but if he just wants to gain a few pounds, then it doesn't need to be a strict diet, well, it depends I suppose. And also some controversial studies have concluded that prolonged protein consumption in high amounts can lead to liver disease. Our ancestors had an average of %15 protein in their diet, anything severly beyond that is overkill I think.\

Well then again, Im sure they didnt use near the amount of protein a hard-training athlete does (about a gram per lb of body weight)

Wow, thread revival FTW.

This coupled with pm`s to Short recoil spurred me to start weights again :|

AzzMan said:
ehh didnt see the date on this thing lol, my bad

I bet you drink expired milk cartons ALL the time. That'd be hilarious to watch.

Back