Beginner Mapping Tutorial

W

woodbulb

I've just finished a beginners mapping tutorial in Wordpad (my microsoft word isnt installed). Its got pictures and stuff, but I can't upload it I think because its .rtf, and its 23 megs. But i cover everything... Any suggestions on what I should do??

woodbulb said:
I've just finished a beginners mapping tutorial in Wordpad (my microsoft word isnt installed). Its got pictures and stuff, but I can't upload it I think because its .rtf, and its 23 megs. But i cover everything... Any suggestions on what I should do??

try pm'ing one of the staff members to see if they can host it as part of source content.. im sure many pple would appreciate a tutorial.

I can't PM for 4 days cause I just joined, but hopefully one of the staff members will read this... :)

Hey I may be able to host your tutorial for you if you like woodbulb

Let me know.

Try and zip it up - max compression and see how big it is after that

woodbulb said:
I can't PM for 4 days cause I just joined, but hopefully one of the staff members will read this... :)

ahh okay :)
if i were u, i'd pm Chris_D or The Dark Elf (TDE for short ;) )
they are all really approachable tho.

i think adding a map tutorial to this site would really be wonderful :thumbs:

Ok, I made it into .zip, wow its only 3.18 megs. I'm still wondering though, I made it in wordpad so its .rtf, it'll be openable by anyone with windows right then?

Yes people will be able to.

See if you can attach it to one of these forum posts, it may be small enough

Nah every time I try to attach it it times out and gives that white screen. I don't want to go and resize every picture and reload each one just to make it fit as an attachment..

ok well send me an email through the board and I'll reply and we'll get the hosting going

I think i sent you an email, anyways I asked for you email, and where's it gonna be hosted?? Maybe tomorrow I'll resize pics down to fit it here

I did reply to your email.

It will be hosted at jack-shak.net.

Anyways email it on over to me.

I would really like to take a look at a tutorial. Let me know when it gets hosted please!

K its emailed, but I did specify in the email a couple of things that would be helpful like making a direct download link for it, not having to view all your other files trying to find it. See what you can do. Ill post a new thread about it once its up. Email me when its done plz thx.

woodbulb said:

can u send me a copy of ur tutorial

Ok, tell me your email I'll send you it, but soon I will have jax0r's website link to give out, where I will update it to parts 3 and 4. (this one I did has parts 1/2 of my tutorial)

Dude, if you email it to ahviper AT gamil.com ill host it for ya.

K i emailed it to everyone that posted theirs, and ahviper I hope to see it on your site soon, I asked you to email me back with the details.

K the jax0r dude who was supposed to host it never emailed me back or hosted it, I'm still waiting for the @gamil guy, and hl2modcentral requires an account I think so I'm making one.

woodbulb check your PM please. I emailed you my email address. :)

23 reply's , still no link :p

hope to see this tut before this year :D

Looks good so far. Looking forward to the rest.

I'll make an HTML version and host it on the net if you want, too.

Hey thanks for the tutorial. It's exactly what I needed!

Haven't started them, but doesnt take long, cause today (wednesday) I got school, then massing halo 2 with my friend, then I got 2 projects due monday (Thursday/Friday off for remembrance day), and a lan party sat night. Maybe thurs I'll make it. And I'm downloading world of warcraft open beta. lol.

its thx to jaxor. I got A NEW THREAD WITH LINK RIGHT AWAY. look there if you want. (or page 2)

Thanks a lot! That was just the type of thing that an ignorant slob like myself needed. I have been looking everywhere for a tutorial that didn't assume I knew anything. Excellent!

Back