Beirut, before and after photos

Holy crap, reminds me of the Sim City 3000 days after unleashing a flood, fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, and aliens on my city. :p

Holy crap, reminds me of the Sim City 3000 days after unleashing a flood, fires, earthquakes, tornadoes, and aliens on my city. :p

I feel so guilthy for laughing because of that. It's so innapropriate yet funny.

In any case that looks horrible, the response of Israel looks way over the top seeing those pictures

Does anyone think Israel wouldn't stop immediately if Hezbollah stopped dropping rockets on them, and backed out of Lebanon? How many countries wouldn't react the same way when attacked in this manner? (How many already have!)

Does anyone think Israel wouldn't stop immediately if Hezbollah stopped dropping rockets on them, and backed out of Lebanon? How many countries wouldn't react the same way when attacked in this manner? (How many already have!)

All the things you have said are true, but seeing those foto's and hearing news about how Israel is bombing bridges I believe the reaction is way over the top, Fact is though there are lebanese cevilians who support Hezbollah, so if you say they got what they deserved I can understand that.

But I still would not agree with you because Lebanon is a country full of tension because of the civil war and speaking out against hezbollah or if the president of lebanon had tried to stop hezbollah would have lead to a civil War.
Besides among those cevilians are a lot of kids. So it would have been better to send commandos to take over bridges to guard them or to fight hezbollah, it certainly would have cost more Israeli soldiers lives. But what Israel is doing now is creating a big humanitarian crisis, where many innocents will die.

Man, that's a whole lotta damage.

Too bad all parties involved aren't Christian because maybe they'd just turn the other cheek!* :thumbs:

(*Don't take that above comment seriously--it was just a joke, as few Christians do that it seems.)

more examples of "precision" bombing

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060804/481/833bfd4bc70143289d205c93ab1c0704&g=events/wl/080601mideast

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...XaaK8MA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/eve...PIZO7gF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5bGcyMWMzBHNlYwNzc25hdg--

"Smoke and fire rises after an Israeli airstrike hit the suburbs of Beirut, Lebanon, Friday, Aug. 4, 2006. Israel pounded Hezbollah's southern Beirut strongholds with missiles early Friday and, in a sharp expansion of its bombing of Lebanon, targeted bridges for the first time in the Christian heartland north of the capital."

more examples of "precision" bombing

"Smoke and fire rises after an Israeli airstrike hit the suburbs of Beirut, Lebanon, Friday, Aug. 4, 2006. Israel pounded Hezbollah's southern Beirut strongholds with missiles early Friday and, in a sharp expansion of its bombing of Lebanon, targeted bridges for the first time in the Christian heartland north of the capital."

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/060804/481/833bfd4bc70143289d205c93ab1c0704&g=events/wl/080601mideast
Too bad Hezbollah's not Christian or they might get some sympathizers up in there! Whatever your religious affiliation, I imagine everyone in the area would want all the violence to just end.

Too bad Hezbollah's not Christian or they might get some sympathizers up in there! Whatever your religious affiliation, I imagine everyone in the area would want all the violence to just end.

On both sides....the solution is so simple....how the parties arrive there has been the longest and most destructive journey most will have ever witnessed. Unfortunatly...after 60 years of violence...Israel now has one hell of an itchy trigger finger.

Those pictures are chilling, btw.

yes it's exactly the same scenario. From this morning:

swissinfo said:
Israeli border strike 'kills 33'

An Israeli air strike killed at least 33 farm workers in northeastern Lebanon on Friday and Hizbollah fired scores of rockets into Israel in a worsening conflict that world powers have failed to halt.

At least three rockets hit a farm where workers, mostly Syrian Kurds, were loading plums and peaches on to trucks, local officials said.

must have been terrorist supporting peaches

This could have gone in any one of the other, oh, 50 threads. But yeah. Crazyhouse.

Maybe the Israelis were trying to deprive Hezbollah of their food source? :eek:

This could have gone in any one of the other, oh, 50 threads.

Can we please make it so? There's no point in making a new topic for every civilian death. I don't mean to diminish their impact, but it's just superfluous and I don't see what it accomplishes.

Although it would certainly be making a point.

Baserape, that was a very good link. You really need to be as heartless as a gas chamber attendent if you support what Isreal is doing after seeing those.

Back