Benchmark CONFIRMED for September 30.....

While I agree completely that this is not firm evidence for a delay, it is suspicious.

Although, the fact that they've invited Press around to show the Benchmark is good evidence that the game isn't delayed.

Maybe they don't want people to mess around with it, I mean it will be the Source Engine that comes with the Benchmark. Maybe they'll be a few crackers and stuff.

Originally posted by Feath
While I agree completely that this is not firm evidence for a delay, it is suspicious.

Although, the fact that they've invited Press around to show the Benchmark is good evidence that the game isn't delayed.

Maybe they don't want people to mess around with it, I mean it will be the Source Engine that comes with the Benchmark. Maybe they'll be a few crackers and stuff.

yeah they probably dont even want to show people the benchmark at all (review sites dont count) and make it a entire secret. if benchmark was released today to the public it would take some fire away from the release date , not alot but some.

Originally posted by alb1221
valve did RELEASE IT EARLY

TO THE REVIEW SITES YOU COCK MONKIES

I meant Publicly release it.

Sorry if this has already been posted a million times in this topic.

But I think this adds to confirmation of the 9/30 release date, and is a good thing.

Most people who are cautious about there PC and its performance with games, arnt the people who preorder and buy games the day they come out, therefore this bench mark will be available to these people to test there system before buying it, (the same people who want first hand opinions on the game after its release).

My other theory is that the benchmark is an rendered engine demo (is that to obvious?), and may reveal things in the game that valve want kept back untill its release.

This 9/30 day is like Judgement Day for HL2, Press on alcatraz, benchmark and game itself.

Sorry to waste forum space with my nooby comments hehe.

And please forgive my lack of english skills lol

if they are saying stuff about game performance specifically and cards it is done.

well.. i think Valve can't get away with a delay to HL2 without the fans going apeshit this time.. its much much too close to the release date to be annoucing any type of delay (okay well maybe 1 or 2 day delay won't kill) and no matter how good HL2 may be in the end, Valve will definitely hear some of the negative stuff..

again.. either way, HL2's release does not affect me.. if its out Sept. 30th, goodie, if not, it just gives me more time for upgrading :)

i do also believe that they can and might release the benchmarks along with the game..its not a far fetched idea.

Originally posted by droper
if they are saying stuff about game performance specifically and cards it is done.

At the very least, optimisation is complete and major bugs are gone.

And, according to Doug Lombardi, the content is complete.

And they've been play testing since the first previews (See the Gamespy Preview). How much play testing do you think they need.

Overall, even if there was a delay, it certainly won't be until November.

Originally posted by alb1221
urge...to..kill...riseing

THE FACT THAT THE BENCHMARK COMES OUT ON THE 30TH HAS NO ****ING THING TO DO WITH THE RELEASE DATE EXEPT THAT ITS THE SAME DAY UGGHGHHGHGHGHGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!

ut2k3 SHIPPED WITH BECHMARK TOOLS!!! there you freakin go!
it means nothing

but thanks for the link thats good stuff

we need more people like you :D

Originally posted by Tredoslop
It would be funny if Valve says: "Half-Life 2 is delayed", right after the game has been released for 5 days.

LOL!

this was at the end of the beyond 3d post:

** Further Notes: Resolution is 1024x768, no extra feature utilisation (AA/AF). Demo used is all the E3 demos, with the results averaged.

so the benchmark was from the e3 demos. so that's probably what benchmark we will get.

OMG HALF-LIFE 2 IS DELAYEDZORED BECAUSE OF A STATEMENT MADE BY A HARDWARE SITE, OMFG THE WORLD IS TEH OVER!!!11

standalone Half-Life 2 benchmark will be publicly available on September 30

I think the key word there is PUBLICLY. Hardware sites may have it already and you'll be able to test out the game engine yourself on September 30th, when the game is released. They don't want you spoiling HL2 by messing with the benchmark BEFORE the game is released, you know :p

[QUOTEI do remember someone from valve saying that they would release the benchmark before the game.[/QUOTE]

Yep. They'll put it up on the site Sept. 30th, at 12:01 a.m. And stores don't open until 8-9 =P

from my site, but i thought it was relevant.

"...And before you start worrying, no, this does not mean that Half-Life 2 is delayed. The benchmarks that Valve demonstrated were real-time version of the E3 demonstration. In order for Valve to release that to the public, they would have to release Souce, Half-Life 2 maps, and the recorded demos in one package. It would probably take about three hours before people cracked open the benchmark, pulled out the guts, and started playing HL2 before it was released. It is in Valve's best interest to keep Source private until September 30th, at which point anyone can use it because HL2 will be out."

I think that this bit of news is actually a very good sign for all of us fanboys.

Also, Valve have released the Benchmark before the game. Maybe that's what Gabe meant all along, we just all thought that he meant publicly.

I personally never thought that Valve was going to go "Here everyone! **** with our benchmark!"

It's only logical for them to give it to hardware sites and let them report the stats to the public. :eek:

Back