*BEST* 5.1 Headset?

Dario D.

Spy
Reaction score
Can someone recommend what you think must be the BEST 5.1 surround-sound Headset with a mic?

Please only recommend one if you know the difference - thanks. I know everyone wants to jump out and say, "Mine!", heh. :angel:

I can't rely on Newegg customer reviews, because they are all 5 stars for every headset in existence. :dozey:

Well I have a Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headset, but it's not good at creating the surround feeling. The soundquality is really good though. It's not worth the €80 I spent on it. So I don't reccomend it if you really want a good surround sound. The Microphone is a good one though.

I use Sennheiser HD 25 SPs. They're professional CB Monitoring Headphones they they're pretty expensive but they're worth every penny.

Bose Tripod is my favorite..but it's not the headset that will create the surround sound feeling..wait until the Creative Xi-FI soundcard comes out. They claim you can get surround sound on any stereo headphones with that card.

Just wait a couple weeks and get an x-fi sound card. It successfully emulates surround on 2 speakers, it also can drop even software sound rendering onto it's processor.

The Brick said:
Well I have a Speedlink Medusa 5.1 headset, but it's not good at creating the surround feeling. The soundquality is really good though. It's not worth the €80 I spent on it. So I don't reccomend it if you really want a good surround sound. The Microphone is a good one though.

I got the same, and its the only 5.1 I've ever owned so I can't say if theres anything better. I enjoy them I can clearly here stuff behind me really well and the shift to front. Side is iffy but I enjoy them and don't regret the purchase. For headsets I don't know how far you can go to get "true surround" since there so close to the ear.

I've got Zalman 5.1, nothing special. Certainly better than regular headphones but Speakers are always best. They look like earmuffs when i put them on.

Back