Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Winamp 5.xx

Votes: 27 61.4%
  • Windows Media Player

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Believe me, unless you really love horses, you don't want that 'magical' link....

iTunes. rocks. period.
it's nice, has a simple interface, and not a lot of crap.
i have to use a mac at work and got hooked on itunes that way. fortunately they made one for windows users.

itunes is also nice as it lets you preview albums and songs etc before you go and 'buy' them

I think my computer is retarded...

I have Winamp 5, Firefox, Steam, and Xfire going and the task manager says my CPU usage is 0%.

Anyway, I like Winamp 5 a lot more than WMP... never even seen iTunes, though...

Winamp 5 is perfect for me...

Windows Media Player is good for videos, infact, it's awesome for videos. Not good for Audio.

I think my computer is retarded...

I have Winamp 5, Firefox, Steam, and Xfire going and the task manager says my CPU usage is 0%.

Anyway, I like Winamp 5 a lot more than WMP... never even seen iTunes, though...
I know nothing about computers but it probably rounds the percentage so thanks to your uber computer it only takes up about 0.4%. Either that or its retarded like you said :p, anyway im gonna run now since im probably talking bollocks. :D
/me runs
/me shouts into distance "I use Winamp 5 but now reading this thread I think ill downgrade back to winamp3 or 2 since i dont really need many features", but windows media player is annoying and has too many things to fill in and i cant be bothered :O"

Fat Tony! said:
/me shouts into distance "I use Winamp 5 but now reading this thread I think ill downgrade back to winamp3 or 2 since i dont really need many features", but windows media player is annoying and has too many things to fill in and i cant be bothered :O"
Never use Winamp 3. It was the unstable testing ground for many of the features that went into Winamp 5 (2 + 3 = 5). It crashed quite frequently and used an abnormally large amount of memory occasionally.

If you hate the modern skins for some reason use 2... otherwise, stick with 5.

I use iTunes and WMP.
I've tried virtually everything out there (even obscure stuff like Foobar and Quin player), and the only thing which beats iT or WMP for ease of use is J.River Media Centre, but that isn't free.
IMHO Winamp is bullshit. People seem to use it because, "oh it's NOT Microsoft or Apple, so it must be good, because they only make crap." The interface/library style and playlist method on Winamp is complete wankage and non-intuitive. The only point I can see in it is the skins (not particularly useful) and the various plugins for obscure benefits.

The new version of iTunes isn't anything like as much of a memory hog as previous versions. I'd really like to know what people have against iTunes and WMP, aside from the reaction against them being made by big companies.

I use Windows Media Player now.
Why?, you ask. Because I downloaded the official Half-Life 2 Skin for Windows Media® Player 9 Series. Yeah!

Well, you gained 5% leetness by having the HL2 skin, but thats not worth much since you lost 50% leetness by switching to WMP.

:p

Back