Best. Game. Ever.

1.Starcraft
2.The first Zelda
3.Tetris

^^^^^^We all know that is the true list

Starcraft
Diablo II: LoD <--- I'm a reformed addict :)
Goldeneye
Zelda: OoT
Mario Bros. 3

That's all I can think of atm.

anyone that said ocarnia of time never played a link to the past...

HL is the best game ever due to mods, but just for the actual game, zelda: link to the past was the best EVER.

Mario 64 or Golden Eye/Perfect Dark. Maybe Zelda OoT/MM.

(I've spent 1000's of pounds on my pc - and it's come no where matching my 2nd hand N64 - that cost 70 quid :) )

For online/clan play i'd say RTCW/ET.

*takes letters nutrigrain
ohh you got served. :naughty:

Anyways I would have to say lunar:SSS for ps, that game was the only game Ive ever played that actually moved me. Its the only PS game I havent sold and ive had it since 99(yea thats a big deal for me I usually sell all my shit after a year or so :p)!

If not HL, then it's Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Yes, I've played A Link to the Past.

Ooohhh...

I'd have to say Super Metroid, for the SNES. I have the fondest of memories with that game.

Secondary would probably be Super Smash Brothers: melee, that game has eaten up a lot of my time.

Hmm...
well my top favorite are...

1. Half Life
2. Freespace 2
3. Shogo
4. Tron 2.0
5. Warcraft III

But soon...HL2 will be on top.

FREESPACE 2! i forgot that one! That game was absolutely fantastic. I loved watching two capital battle cruisers blast each other to pieces with laser beams. It was awesome. I so hope they make a 3rd one

Deus Ex

Just completed it once more last week and went straight back to the beginning to do it again. Its that good!

Pro Evolution 3 is the best game!
the best two player you can get!
the japanese are amzing getting them small players into a game they look so realistic (check out their eyes and finger nails!) they move like players(occasionally mucking up but that could be classed as realism?)
when you have a competive 2 player game your emotions can get the better of you!
Even the refs make contrevsal decisions from time to time!
apart from the lack of names etc this has to be the best game ever!
no other game can give you so much excitement

Fallout series and BG series and mabye Max Payne series but they are too short.

No One Lives Forever 2 and No One Lives Forever in that order

Most fun in a 2 player game: General Chaos (genesis)... those machinegunners always got a click at the wrong time... heh

Most fun on console with friends: Goldeneye (N64)... i swear to this day that my friend had some sort of cheat that he was using.. lucky bastard

Some of the most memorable times online with friends: R.T.C.Wolfenstein multiplayer demo... Yeah i was the guy that ganged up on my own teammates with the flamethrower.. HA HA HA

Most fun had because of a game while not playing it: Everquest... Who would've ever though that a couple kids could take a trip to disney world after selling a bunch of platinum game money online... what a trip. Thank you Ebay... and paypal.

Funniest sound coming out of a friends mouth after playing a video game: Morrowind After about 36 straight hours of playing, my friend was sick with a bad cold and almost lost his voice. He told me he should probably go home and sleep.. only it sounded like this: "HeGGGH, I GHHouGH pRGHHHGbly GHHO AGHHD GHHGG slEGGEghed." That still cracks me up

I'll be back with more after I think of more... I've had way too much fun play'n vids in my lifetime... Will I ever grow up?

Anyone who singles out GTA3 as overrated hasn't fooled around on it enough. *mumbles*... You probably never stole a tank from the army when they were chasing you... you probably used a cheat... loser

nope i really stole the tank from the army while chasing me, err hmmm but gta3 is far away from the best game ever made.
That game is a game from the people with the age 10-13 years old.

Planescape torment

Close runners up

Wonder boy 3: the dragons trap(master system
Dungeon Keeper 2
System Shock 2
Thief Series

Rico said:
Starcraft 10charlimitihateitsomuch

What it really worth it going through all that trouble of typing that stuff all together. Just put a damn . at the end of Starcraft and there ya go, 10 characters.

I'm not say'n GTA3 was the best game.. just wondering why fools are try'n to downplay it on this thread so much. I've had a grip of fun play'n that game and I wouldn't be suprised if it is someone's favorite game.

So what if... uhh... people from the age with 10-13 old years... or whatever you were trying to type... So what if younger kids like the game? So a game is only good if some 30 year old "professional" gamer says it's good? Nope, sry but you probably had your bestest and most favorite Care Bear game back in the day but that doesn't mean it's the best game ever today.

I mean that the content in gta3 is applying too 10-13 years old and that gta3 is not a very good game.
You know when you are in that age you usualy dont give a shit about the story and you want as much blood as possible.

Well the stories in those games don't really lead anywhere except setting up the next crazy car race or hit on some dude so I see your point where the plot isn't very extensive and yeah, that's not what fools play the game for.

We'll have to see if they did anything worth talking about with San Andreas as far as the plot... I haven't read anything about this next game in the series, but I suspect that they will be trying to add more content like vice city rather than a more intricate storyline.

You will die alone
good boy, Triumph

It`s a shame they dident make better grapichs.

DropnonE said:
Most fun in a 2 player game: General Chaos (genesis)... those machinegunners always got a click at the wrong time... heh

That was a sweet game :) massively underrated.

Age of Mythology rocks. So do Chaser, UT2004, Half-Life, Vice City, Battlefield etc.

grrr..... i hate these threads! so many to choose from...
uhhh... i really liked OoT better than Link to the Past

OoT
Devil May Cry 1 (2 was a travesty to gaming)
Halo
GTA:VC (not 3... didn't really like it)
CoD
Freedom Fighters (Amazing! pick it up... only $20!)

thehunter1320 said:
Freedom Fighters (Amazing! pick it up... only $20!)

Or just download it, it dont have any multiplayer so why not.( always buy games with both sp and mp)

Bio said:
Or just download it, it dont have any multiplayer so why not.( always buy games with both sp and mp)

you play theif 3 too much lately...

meh, Chrono Trigger deserves the big spot on my list.

Finalists:

secret of mana
Tactics ogre: let us cling together
Goldeneye 007
Warcraft 3

Alex kidd im miricle world was good for the master system.
Sonic the hedgehog and mario were good for the nintendo and megadrive.
does anyone remember harrier attack for the amstrad! sensible soccer on the amiga was good and swos was the pinnacle,
Got to say the grand theft auto games are not that bad but some missions can be a bit fiddly, the next release should be more polished and enjoyable.

how abou grand turismo the first one on the ps1!
a great game that was so original and fresh! and the the analogue dual shock controller! immense! I hope gran turismo 4 can emulate it and I felt three was too long although the graphics were really good but not enough cars!

But i still stand by that pro evolution is the best game ever!
hurry up evo 4. Champman comes quite close!

ahh - but do the slight differences in Winning Eleven make them better than Pro Evo??

there is isn't anything different apart from languages ,and maybe player updates/transfers if your luky, that is the only thing wrong with evo. if they could get the proper licenses it would be the definite football game bar none.
i played winning eleven on a chipped ps2, the first time i had played it on ps2 and was addicted ever since, I have played this game for 14 hours once against three different people!

Back