best GPU?

gigabyte or sapphire? is 381.99 GBP a good price? and is it available for AGP motherboards, or just PCI-e?

first of all go to newegg.com, most established computer hardware seller on the internet (I would say). Also the 7800 GTX with 512MB buffer is the greatest of all cards as of right now. But i would save your money, seems some next generation cards for 06 have gotta be coming up (or atleast hear about them) in a couple of months.

ATI X1900XTX owns right now, totally dominates the 7800GTX 512MB

something new will come along soon though no doubt...

Yeah whenever something new comes up like X1900XT and 7800 GTX 512MB people rush in cuz its a $800.00 must have device.
But its always best bet to wait it out, and let the dust settle.
Remember when the 6800 GT (AGP) card came out? Same thing here. These cards are rushed into market because Nvidia and ATI market competition. And these cards are way over priced and full of defects Because of that.
If you have a 256MB decent card and on a AGP slot, why in god's name do you want to spend $600.00-$800.00 for something that will never show you the difference graphic-wise?
Believe me there is no much difference between 30-200 FBS rates cuz your eyes can only notice so much.

Also don't buy ATI cards because they use the letter X too much.

Back