Best Guitar player?

Jerry garcia and all of the dead is great, I love the solo in Help On the Way, one of my favorites. However I gotta say that my only gripes with Garcia and the whole sound of the band is just kinda like 'tin'. I dunno how to explain it but their sound just seems way off but manages to still be decent. Thats the only reason why I would not list Garcia as one of my favs.

I know tin is probably a bad word for it but I dont know how else to explain it. Its just off.

Here is a great guitarist for you: Justin King

Visit his website, http://www.justinking.com and check him out. I'm talking about his solo stuff here, not his new full band material.

I recommend watching the videos on that site. This guy is amazing.

Saboteur said:
Here is a great guitarist for you: Justin King

Visit his website, http://www.justinking.com and check him out. I'm talking about his solo stuff here, not his new full band material.

I recommend watching the videos on that site. This guy is amazing.

he's good but not the best. If you have seen tony emannuel you'd know that he can do all that stuff but better.

and you wanna see badass tapping (knock on wood) try watching victor wooten (bass player)

bassman61588 said:
he's good but not the best. If you have seen tony emannuel you'd know that he can do all that stuff but better.

and you wanna see badass tapping (knock on wood) try watching victor wooten (bass player)

Yes, Tommy Emmanuel is an amazing guitarist and Wooten is an awesome bassist as well. I just figured I'd throw out another name that nobody has mentioned yet above. I never said anything about him being the best.

The guy that makes up my avatar is the best IMO. Joe Satriani is awesome. I've seen him in concert twice and he's never failed to impress me. He's not all flashy and over-the-top but he knows how to compose a good tune. Listen to 'Crystal Planet' and you'll see what I mean. :thumbs:

Saboteur said:
Yes, Tommy Emmanuel is an amazing guitarist and Wooten is an awesome bassist as well. I just figured I'd throw out another name that nobody has mentioned yet above. I never said anything about him being the best.

I get you :cheers:

This guy has only been mentioned once so far, but Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine (now in Audioslave). He's so inventive and technical. Listen to the rage albums just to hear his crazy stuff.

justin timberlake...his chord playing is phenomenal! such speed and precision..and raw power! hes like a modern day george micheal with that thing!

on a serious note...

Australian classical guitarist John Williams(i think the best guitarists are the classical and spanish players)
& favourite sound and style for a modern guitarist goes to Mark Knopfler. Plus Eric Clapton....you have to see him playing the solo for "While my guitar Gentley Weeps" in the "Concert for George"....brings a tear to your eye...

James Taylor is a good acoustic guitarist. Hes more country sounding, but id consider him classic rock. Jimi Hendrix is also excellent on electric guitar. Those arent all my fave guitarists, nor is James Taylor in the top 3 but theyre still good.

who said tom from blink, he doesnt even know a scale..
i say stevie ray vaughn rivals, and damn near beats hendrix (differ between ppl's opinions) go listen to 'texas flood'

and who can forget john petrucci.!

Steve Howe from Yes, his style is so unique and he's an incredible player.

i just wish i was 1/1000000'th good of all these well worthy mentioned musicians... if only.. if only :p

Back