Best HL memory

tokin

Reaction score
I couldn't find the old thread about this so im starting a new one.

My most memorable time in Half-Life was when i was going through the vent and all of a sudden that huge chopper started sending troops down in the ventalation shaft, my mouth dropped as i blew them all away.

Anyone else care to share.....

Being hauled off by the two grunts who were talking about what to do with the body.. I always liked that scene :)

Funnily enought I just played through that scene for the millianth time...

Allways fun..

Allthough the elevator at the start allways makes me laugh :thumbs:

The part where the security guard is trying to tell you about a trap but he gets killed before you hear it hahahaha, best part of almost any game.

Yeah all the bits where you hear Nihilanth saying stuff....really freaky.

When Barney gets shot by the assassin

and the lift...so funny...so very funny.

Also though, the whole setting after the experiment has just gone bad...you come out and everything is broken up, you see the scientist helping barney etc.

Yah the whole experiment thing, I seriously couldn't play the game because that was so scary. I just beat Half-Life 1 a few months ago....hahaha.

Foxtrot said:
The part where the security guard is trying to tell you about a trap but he gets killed before you hear it hahahaha, best part of almost any game.
Agreed......

I loved the part when the scientists fell in the elevator, that was really good, and also when I first died fighting grunts that didnt just run straight at me.

Oh yeah...How could i forget. I remember one of the earlier encounters with grunts. I hid behind some sandbags firing a mounted gun randomly...i just expected to be able to slaughter them all, but they all hid behind stuff and one threw a grenade out which landed right next to me. I crapped myself and tried to jump away but i got blown up.

the grunts were the best, also trying to nail the assasins was pretty cool the first time

Best part was the beginning. The first few seconds of the game. You're in a train and an automated message is talking to you. I know the effect has worn off now, but the first time I saw that my jaw hit the floor. Previous to that i'd played doom and quake, but nothing like that.

The part where you see the barney in the sealed door control room trying to fight off a zombie before being draged into the vent and gibed :p

My favorite scene was the part right after the accident when the scientist is trying to fight off the head crabs. Then he tips a case onto one and crushes it and a second one jumps out from behind and latches onto him.

By far the part in the tunnels where you are running from the Garg... It took me so many times before I actually figured out what to do. I even tried bombing him when he came to the gate.

i took him on with a crowbar, which was followed shortly after by a "beepbep beeep beeeeeeeeeeeep"

I'm just now playing HL single player with Sven Coop on LAN and it's great though some of the good sequences had to be cut and the badguys are beefed up even though I'm only playing with 2 people...

Pobz said:
Best part was the beginning. The first few seconds of the game. You're in a train and an automated message is talking to you. I know the effect has worn off now, but the first time I saw that my jaw hit the floor. Previous to that i'd played doom and quake, but nothing like that.

I agree, taking that tour through the entrance to BMRF was jaw dropping. And the scenery was so awesome, especially seeing how you could look out of the tram and see scientists and helicopters and stuff in the background. truely classic.

I liked when the grunts started appearing, it just felt like I was battling "S.W.A.T." soldiers.

first time i thought of binding ...

bind mouse4 noclip
bind mouse5 "impulse 101"

god that game became so easy.

kids now remember, shotguns dont kill people. they just bring a lot of happines.

ill probably end up doing hte same to hl2.

bind mouse4 "notarget" and stand round looking and enjoying the phyics, and the world. god i love staring into the detail with a zombie clawing at my head. cheats dont spoil games. they make games much funner.

for example. i dont cheat in CS to get kills. i love shooting people through walls with para lol. not killing them but shooting them. and watching them back off that corner. its so ****ing hilarious. i feel like god.

hyenolie said:

bind mouse4 noclip

kids now remember, shotguns dont kill people. they just bring a lot of happines.

bind mouse4 "notarget" and stand round looking and enjoying the phyics, and the world. god i love staring into the detail with a zombie clawing at my head. cheats dont spoil games. they make games much funner.

for example. i dont cheat in CS to get kills. i love shooting people through walls with para lol. not killing them but shooting them. and watching them back off that corner. its so ****ing hilarious. i feel like god.

I hate you, you ruin games for everyone but yourself.

hyenolie said:

bind mouse4 noclip

So what you're trying to say is that you get beaten up on school and your uncle likes you a bit too much?

hyenolie said:

Feel like god? errr...

i dont know who is more stupider ryan or marksman, one tried to pull a diagnosis up his ass just by knowing that i cheated about 3 years ago and the other is on a power trip.

dude u whiteboys are to frustrateD? what is it the war in iraq? or the 5$ per gallon which is driving me insane.

either way, hl2 is goona be a good game. it will run flawlessly on my p4 3.0 x800xt hyperx 512x2 pc3200 dual, 80gig WD 8mb buffer, p4c800-e deluxe mobo and 19 inches of pure graphics. god i love spending money, to bad i dont have a lot of it so i could share.

just saying thats what god would have felt like? toying with his creation after all the wrongs we have done.

making an atom bomb is not a wronge. using it on humans is not a wronge. but using it the second time is a wronge.

hyenolie said:
eeerrr..... cheating in sp can be fun, just going on a rampage, like doing mp2 dead man walking with full health, and just massachering (sp?) everyone, but i'de NEVER cheat in a mp game. thats just being a lame asshole. i never want to see you on cs, or any other game. :flame:

i also like the part where ur in a drain pipe, and the end upens up and the soldier throws in a nade pack, and u have to swim back, to the water and duck u see flames over you, i like the grunts shotting the vents too, but thats scripted. its goona happen wheater u like it or not, i hate sscripted games.

but either way, the ideas behind it were cool. i hope to see better graphics and ideas using these graphics in hl2.

lol why u getting mad, i todl you it wasnt for getting kills, it was for my humor, if i wanted to kill you ied do it no scope. with DE combination. dude cs is old for me, to old.

P.S. when do you know when cs is old for oyu? when u have scars on your back to proove it. no one can tell me shit aobut cs. i am that game.

Another one:

In Surface Tenison, you're runing around a pipe, and you see the light at the end of it. You come out...and you're on a cliff-face. A fighter jet zooms past you just as you come out. That was just...wow. Even the 2D skybox amazed me. I was just in awe.

hyenolie said:
i also like the part where ur in a drain pipe, and the end upens up and the soldier throws in a nade pack, and u have to swim back, to the water and duck u see flames over you, i like the grunts shotting the vents too, but thats scripted. its goona happen wheater u like it or not, i hate sscripted games.

but either way, the ideas behind it were cool. i hope to see better graphics and ideas using these graphics in hl2.

lol why u getting mad, i todl you it wasnt for getting kills, it was for my humor, if i wanted to kill you ied do it no scope. with DE combination. dude cs is old for me, to old.

P.S. when do you know when cs is old for oyu? when u have scars on your back to proove it. no one can tell me shit aobut cs. i am that game.

What do the scars mean?

the plural of scar - to have physical markings on a body. or is it end it es? or just s, either way u could have taken the root and typed it in dictionary.com or something.

hyenolie said:
the plural of scar - to have physical markings on a body. or is it end it es? or just s, either way u could have taken the root and typed it in dictionary.com or something.
how do you get scars on your back from a game ?? did you make someone stab you every time you died or something :|

lol na, every time i couldnt get the kill i wanted and died i punched a hole in the wall. dam my hands hurt for a month. but sitting in a chair for to long caused strech marks on my back. i still have them today. not as visible though. either wy, cs has been fun. there was nothing like it at the time nad it make some good entertainmenmt. ohh and if u think all those other rainbow six games and other shit like rainbowsxi is anything like cs u are n00b. i find new means of entertainment. that WC3 mod has seemed to grab my attention, but i lost that too after i hit level 10 in all races on a couple of servers. yup cs is getting older by the day.

whats insane is that CS:S is goona rock. i cant believe those graphics. lol the preview could not even run it. did u see how much the fps droped when he fired the DE at the last guy. lol ****ing 10fps. i guess that wont be the case on my x800xt.

cheating in SP games can be a helluva lot of fun.....

especialy in games with ragdoll physics...... i loved to pile 5-6 bodies on top of each other in PM2 ;)

Hmm The first mutiple grunt fight on the balcony with them all below you.

My God.

hyenolie said:

You're still an asshole in my book. Scars on your back lol, who the hell are you trying to impress with that lame crap? Go download some more skills.

well I dont hav a favorite part(cuz I like all the game)
but
in the demo(the demo of HL)
I remenber a part were you are inside of a big anthen tryng to comunicate whit the NATO or something like that and when you get contact the deiling explode and appear soldiers decending in repel(decending in rope) shooting you
when I saw that I just hav say "oh my f***ing good what the heck is happening"
and things like that made fall in love of the demo of Half Life
and making me wish the real game

hyenolie said:
lol na, every time i couldnt get the kill i wanted and died i punched a hole in the wall. dam my hands hurt for a month. but sitting in a chair for to long caused strech marks on my back. i still have them today. not as visible though. either wy, cs has been fun. there was nothing like it at the time nad it make some good entertainmenmt. ohh and if u think all those other rainbow six games and other shit like rainbowsxi is anything like cs u are n00b. i find new means of entertainment. that WC3 mod has seemed to grab my attention, but i lost that too after i hit level 10 in all races on a couple of servers. yup cs is getting older by the day.

whats insane is that CS:S is goona rock. i cant believe those graphics. lol the preview could not even run it. did u see how much the fps droped when he fired the DE at the last guy. lol ****ing 10fps. i guess that wont be the case on my x800xt.

I think everyone's had enough of your anecdotes now, okay?

<RJMC> said:
well I dont hav a favorite part(cuz I like all the game)
but
in the demo(the demo of HL)
I remenber a part were you are inside of a big anthen tryng to comunicate whit the NATO or something like that and when you get contact the deiling explode and appear soldiers decending in repel(decending in rope) shooting you
when I saw that I just hav say "oh my f***ing good what the heck is happening"
and things like that made fall in love of the demo of Half Life
and making me wish the real game
yeah, i remember that bit, it was awesome :cheers: the whole ceiling just caved in, and all the marines zip-lined in. straight after, when you go down, you go to some doors, and then you see a light start moving down it, and at the and, the whole fooking door gets blown off, and a tonne more marines come charging in :E

Back