Best map?

Best map?

• Total voters
I love all maps.

Because they are cool.

Not as cool as whoever posted above me, which is probably Eejit, because he ain't an eejit.

The thing valve did with tf2, as opposed to css, was focus on making each map worth while. Take a look at the server list on CSS, youll notice 40% are dust 2 servers, and 40% office, and the rest custom servers. No one really plays the other maps (that much) but in TF2, theres fewer, but much better maps...

That said, each map is really unique and fun in their own right, so its a tough desicion. I say all...

It used to be once in a blue moon that I played. Then suddenly Goldrush came out and I didn't stop for about 3 weeks. Calmed down again now but still play loads.

So I guess Goldrush.

The thing valve did with tf2, as opposed to css, was focus on making each map worth while. Take a look at the server list on CSS, youll notice 40% are dust 2 servers, and 40% office, and the rest custom servers. No one really plays the other maps (that much) but in TF2, theres fewer, but much better maps...

That said, each map is really unique and fun in their own right, so its a tough desicion. I say all...
The same still happens with TF2, where half the maps aren't played. It's because people are retards who prefer to play the same thing over and over and stay in their comfort zone, not because Valve haven't made good maps for TF2 and Counter-Strike. There were some very poor maps for CSS, I'll admit. But the majority of them were pretty solid.

Personally I hate single map servers. Give me a server with ~5 maps on a 30-40 minute rotation any day. Or better yet enable a bunch of maps and have map voting, which I think should be a defaulted on feature of all Valve multiplayer games.

Map voting doesn't work. People vote for one map, play it and then leave. More people come back on the next map, vote for the same damn map, play it and then leave.

Half of the people who don't care just hit one or two, defeating the point in voting.

The two servers I'm a regular on have almost a complete rotation of the non-arena maps.
I think one skips on the wells and the other leaves out granary.

Map voting drives me nuts, personally. I tend to find that on servers with map voting enabled, any mapchange to a lesser played map is accompanied by cries of 'dis map s0x' and 'cmon rtv everyone!!' IMO people are too stupid to know what they want and so shouldn't be allowed to vote at all - JUST LIKE IRL olol. I also hate having the mapvote menu pop up when I'm otherwise occupied - which is quite often, considering I've got about 12 people trying to kill me - so half the time I really will just slam 1 to get it off the screen as quickly as possible.

The only thing worse than people who spend more time mapvoting than playing are OCD admins who switch maps every 2 minutes because they get bored, or can't decide, or they pay too much attention to 'dis map s0x' people, or they think they've discovered a brilliant new form of comedy.

Ok, wasn't sure if you were replying to the post directly before yours or not :)

Map voting doesn't work. People vote for one map, play it and then leave. More people come back on the next map, vote for the same damn map, play it and then leave.

Half of the people who don't care just hit one or two, defeating the point in voting.
I usually don't care much about which map is next (except if there's some I really don't want to play, such as Arena Well). I would support mapvoting if there was a no-vote option. Sadly, there isn't.

There is not the "best" map.. if your telling which map do you like so badwater..

I like it when there is a map change, helps the game stay nicely fresh.

And you get that feeling just before the 'You are travelling to...' appears, like that 2 seconds where you go 'WHAT IS IT!!!?' and then you go 'Cool, Gravel Pit' or something.

But if I HAD to choose, it would be Badwater, hands down.

GOOOOLLLLD RUSHHHHH

I love team work, and goldrush is awesome if you have the right teammates.

I cant remember what its called cos i havent played TF2 in ages but its the one where one team has to keep on moving the cart and the other team has to try and stop then, and when the cart finishes it ends up at the bottom of the hill with some glass at the bottom make any sense?

I cant remember what its called cos i havent played TF2 in ages but its the one where one team has to keep on moving the cart and the other team has to try and stop then, and when the cart finishes it ends up at the bottom of the hill with some glass at the bottom make any sense?

sounds like goldrush to me, or just another pl map.

really cos i think meow was a clan or sumthing so was u in that? :p

No one likes ctf well. Its the unwanted red headed step child.

lol ctf maps aren't fun when you have 6 engineers guarding the intel. especially 2fort, 2fort is extremely brainless sometimes.

Agreed

I think the BEST map is 2Fort, it's made almost perfectly so that there's always another way in and out of either base, and so that there's no perfect placement for a sentry. 2Fort is a good map in itself, but how difficult it is is just as hard as you make it.

My FAVORITE map is Badwater Basin, i ever since i started wathcing SubtleArt's spy videos i've been going Spy a lot more often and Badwater is just about the perfect map for it. Nice height advantage and there's a few good spots to hide and recharge your cloak.

Personally ctf_well > ctf_2fort for me.

That doesn't make it my favourite map though.

Next map based poll should be multichoice with the question, "Which maps do you like".

I think the BEST map is 2Fort, it's made almost perfectly so that there's always another way in and out of either base, and so that there's no perfect placement for a sentry.
Your options in 2Fort are VERY limited, even if you can rocket, double or pipe jump and 2fort has far better spots for sentries than well.

My computer really sucks so I can only run cp_Warpath smoothly. And I actually really like that map, so when I do play, it's pretty fun.

I like 2fort but its kind of limited, any closed map is really. You can be killed instantly just from some random stray crit.

haha i remember avanti, i loved the night time effect of it.

I've never played the original avanti but I've played a few newer ones, as well as warpath.

Ah, I loved avanti. But I don't see it translating well to TF2.

The version I played was really fun, but you can't call that accurate if I've never played the original.

My favourite map is 2fort, yeah bite me "wah wah you are in your comfort zone, noob play other maps", I play TF2 for fun and to amuse myself as I see fit and if I want to play 2fort I'll play 2fort, I ****ing hate big dumbass maps with a bazillion routes or huge open spaces that basically kill the game for all but the snipers and long range classes.

2fort is fun, fast paced and balanced, and we are lucky to have it.

But saying that I aint opposed to other maps so its hardly a big deal, play what you want and shut the **** up and leave others to play what they want, there's enough servers.

lol

nurikezo: THAT'S MY OPINION AND NO ONE CAN ****ING TELL ME IT'S WRONG!!!
Everyone else: ...okay...

Back