Best single player FPS experience (revised)?

Best single player FPS experience?

• Half-Life

Votes: 36 51.4%
  • Doom series

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Quake series

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Rare titles (Goldeneye 007, Perfect Dark)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Aliens vs Predator series

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • NOLF series (No One Lives Forever and its sequel)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Castle Wolfenstein series (including Return to Castle Wolfenstein)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • System Shock series

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Halo

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Other (ones not listed here, please elaborate)

Votes: 9 12.9%

• Total voters
Someone should put up a new poll that features OLD SCHOOL GAMES (5 years old AT LEAST) only. Not these newer, usually not as fun games. JK2 the best? Please.

And how can you forget Castle Wolfenstein? Forshame.

I wish there was some way to limit the age of the person voting as well. Maybe... 16 or older at least (just old enough to catch the tail end of the Doom craze).

Anyways my favorites were definetly the first 2 doom games and of course Half-Life. Doom scared the bejubus out of me and I think anyone that is old enough to have enjoyed that will agree with me that Doom3 is going to scare the pants off of us. I just loved half life... Ive played the whole game over at least 4 - 5 times and thats a LOT of hours considering how long it takes to beat even to someone who can really move through those levels.

Im REALLY hoping D3 will scare the shit out of me like Doom did and that HL2 will be as much fun and have such a compelling story as the first one did. If they both reach the same level of enjoyment as the older 2, I will truely be amazed since I have yet to have that much fun in any game.

Back