Best Vocalist in a band today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maynard for sure. Anselmo has some incredible range. Staley was my all time fav though.

Thom Yorke from Radiohead and Jeff Mangum from Neutral Milk Hotel. These guys may not have the most technically perfect singing voices, but both display incredible emotion. I mean, there are a million perfect voices out there, but these two can sing even the most rediculous shit like they absolutely mean it, which is more difficult, and impressive, in my book.

Bohonkie said:
Thom Yorke from Radiohead and Jeff Mangum from Neutral Milk Hotel. These guys may not have the most technically perfect singing voices, but both display incredible emotion. I mean, there are a million perfect voices out there, but these two can sing even the most rediculous shit like they absolutely mean it, which is more difficult, and impressive, in my book.
I know what you mean. That old Thom knows where he are with, darn it!

Maynard - Tool/A Perfect Circle
Chester Bennington - Linikin Park
Matthew Heafy - Trivium (CD recorded - ive heard that in live shows, hes sketchy)
Trent Reznor - Nine Inch Nails
Aaron Lewis - Staind
Christina Scaabia (sp?) - Lacuna Coil
Goo Goo Dolls Singer - Sorry, dont know his name
Chad Gray - Mudvayne

Just my $0.02 for the moment

Maynard James Keenan for SURE, mainly for his tool stuff but also his APC vocals aren't half bad :p still, the songs Undertow, Third Eye, Stinkfist, Hooker With a Penis... amazing.

Trent Reznor too, though mainly that's here because I'm a NIN fanatic.

James LaBrie is bloody awful. I can't stand his voice, it's so...whiny. I think Rob Halford from Judas Priest can still hold his own today, although he's probably lost it somewhat from the early days.

I like unique male vocalists, and my favourites are:
Mike Patton
Matt Bellamy
Thom Yorke
W. Axl Rose
Chris Cornell

But yes to go back to the actual subject, to me Matt Bellamy from MUSE is the best and is on another level of vocal talent from any other rock or metal group around today.

Bono (U2)

How dare no one mention him in 4 pages of this thread!

Dowie said:
Bono (U2)

How dare no one mention him in 4 pages of this thread!

Ewww, U2?
:x

Moving on then, Yes?

sabre0001 said:
Matthew Heafy - Trivium (CD recorded - ive heard that in live shows, hes sketchy)

Screams a bit too much imo. Which is ironic as I'm going with Corey Taylor from Slipknot, like two others in this thread (quite surprising to me).

Dave Mathews - I just like his strange sound
Chino Moreno - (probably my favorite singer)
Chris Cornell - (has a very unique rock sound)
Serj Tankian/Daron Malakian - (the duette is unstoppable, they sing out of tune of each other but sound so synchronized its very weird, plus i think they have the coolest quirks and growls in metal :) )

SimonomiS said:
Screams a bit too much imo. Which is ironic as I'm going with Corey Taylor from Slipknot, like two others in this thread (quite surprising to me).

Yeah Corey Taylor is a great vocalist as well - both have great singing voices and should use them FAR more than they do...

Geoff Tate of Queensryche.

Even though im sure most of you dont know who he is. Since your all down with this "new age" music.

Corey Taylor - Slipknot/Stone Sour. Anyone who thinks he doesn't have a good voice should listen to Bother or Vermillion pt.2.

Maynard - Tool/APC. OMG this guy is a genius

Amy Lee - Evanescence. Great voice, and she's hot!

u people freak me out... noone has mentioned Chester Bennington from Linkin Park.. hes got amazing voice... and to be honest Serj Tankian has got horrible singing voice... no offence, i actually luv s.o.a.d... its just, that he's not really "singing guy"... he's more like "screaming and making weird noises guy"... if u heard "f**k the system" u'll udnerstand wat i mean by WEIRD NOSES...

P.S. luv Kurt Cobain's voice.. it's unique.. well, its already been said...

Obvious troll is obvious.

Thread is two years old, too.

I don't think I'll ever stop loving Maynard James Keenan's singing in Tool.

Adam Lazzara from Taking Back Sunday. He's not a very good singer, but I love his voice past belief. He's my favourite singer.

Thom Yorke and Matt Bellamy are amazing singers though.

Tomas Kalnoky from Streetlight Manifesto and BOTAR is pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back