Best "weapon" in game (gravity gun items)

B

Banaticus

I tried out Dog's ball for a while. It was fun, but it was somewhat frustrating getting it up ladders, as it would keep rolling off the ledge where I put it, or under the ramp where I was. And that guy in Ravenholm kept shooting it with his shotgun, so it was quite a struggle to get it past him (but I did it!)

The steel skillsaw blades were awesome -- just the thing for large groups. I carried them for a while.

The turretguns were fun, although they had a tendency to fall over if I didn't set them down carefully.

But, the best "weapon" that I found for the gravity gun was a mattress pad. I found a mattress pad right after going into Ravenholm, and it was awesome. One shot, one kill for pretty much everything, it didn't fly a long distance away after hitting something (it just dropped right there) so you could grab it quickly and shoot it at another creature very fast, it just lay wherever you dropped it until you came back for it, it was awesome. Although it was quite difficult, I took that mattress pad through all of Ravenholm, through the part where you swim underwater, all the way until I got into the car to drive through the ant lion part.

I found, though, that if you set the mattress pad on top of the car before the car is picked up by the magnet (I was trying to cushion the damage that I usually took by falling when their crane breaks down), it causes the game to crash (tried it maybe 5 times with the mattress in different positions on top of the car). I also found that, if you carefully position the mattress where the car is going to crash, you still take the same amoutn of damage, though.

Oh, yeah, the mattress pad deforms easily, so it's no problem at all getting it through doorways (which is a real struggle with the other big bulky items such as the beaureau, tables, crates, and boards).

My favorite had always been an engine block. They bounce, flip, and devestate almost as much as *SPOILER* those energy balls in the Citadel.

Saws, bed frames matresses, i think my favorite was the blade off one of the traps in RAvenholm that thing was like combining a freaking saw AND the bedframe

Paint.

They didn't kill in one hit, but by the time the enemy IS killed, they are completely white from the paint.

SPOILER
the combine were really fun to pick up and through at other combine, and when you throw them at other combine the other combine like disintegrate

The big saw blades were great in Ravenholm for large groups of zombies. Other than that I didn't really use the grav gun. I mostly used it in Ravenholm just because the zombies don't give you ammo when you kill them, so you run out of ammo a lot quicker. That, and there were considerably fewer things you could throw at people outside of Ravenholm. Oh, and it was a huge bonus on Sandtraps when I could move stuff around to make walkways over the sand. =D Oh, and you can use it to pick up powerups without moving your lazy butt over there to pick them up yourself.

beside the saw blades, the manhacks make pretty good weaps, with the grav gun :)

Taking dogs ball thro Ravenholm is interesting as the zombies act differently and the ball follows you apart from climbing up ladders. Made a nice change second time round. Mary

I liked the heaters, they give you good cover agains the shoting and they are quite heavy to throw at ppl :p

Holding the auto turret and walking around with it while it shot was fun.

I once grabbed a burning barrel which was flying towards me and threw it back at some combine soldiers and it blew up just over their heads. That was pretty cool, along with doing the same with grenades. But I liked everything which was wide... E.g. those beds, I loved hitting 2-3 zombies at the same time with those. In Ravenholm there is a room where a few dead zombie lie on tables, and a bunch of zombies come walking up the stairs from the story below... Wait for them to get up and use those long tables the zombies were lying on to get them...

its funny if u pick up those auto turrets later in the game..........

they shoot at ur teammates =D

In Novaprospekt you can rip the toilets off the walls, they do plenty of damage, the bycicles a lot less so.

I killed a strider (one that ambushes you in the tunnel) by tossing one of those fuel filled barrels at it. Had no more rockets left.

Also those jumping mines are cool to throw at combine troops.

When you get the 'uber' gravity gun...

...you can pick up the striders legs and shoot them at things :E

I liked ripping the screen terminals from the walls in the citadel...using them as cover and finally launching it when I got close to a group of combine scumbags!! It was also useful in the long strider tunnel...until you get to the energy ballz!!!

Back