Beware Half-Life 2... ;)

Holy Moly! This game looks better each time i see it!:D I want it so bad! It looks like the best fps on PS2...cant wait for it, cheers for the info.

No problemo.

Btw, what’s the date of this game? On GameSpot it says Q3 2004 (Europe). Does that mean that we Europeans get it first? Yippekay ay motherf**ker if it is so... :D

Wouldnt it be just pure sweetness if we got it first for once....bah like that will happen:p

I thought it was coming out this year? check the playstation2 offical website, they'll know

EDIT: just checked, its out next autumn....it looks sweet!! And reading about it makes it look amazing...looks like the tactical shooter to rule them all!!

Originally posted by DarkelP
Wouldnt it be just pure sweetness if we got it first for once....bah like that will happen:p

Yeah, it would be sweet. :)

looks like the tactical shooter to rule them all!!
It sure do, it says in the preview that the best way to stay alive is to co-op with your buddies... and keeping them alive. :)

omfg I LOVE THE LAST IMAGE WITH THOSE TANKS
True... :)
Hope you can control those turrets also. :D :D :D

Mmmmm... something.

Looks cool :) I like masks. Soldiers in Mask. Cool looking masks. Soldiers in cool looking freaky looking masks. Yar.

Just keep in mind...
Graphics Apperance is one thing, but Gameplay is another.

Apparently from playtesting, the game is superb in both graphics and gameplay

Those soldiers in KillZone does look a little like the Combines in Half-Life 2...

hl2_mods: I think Guerrillas think about that... but yeah, you’re right.

Picking off a wave of enemy grunts we cycle to our melee weapon, a hunting knife, creep up behind a soldier and rip his neck by pressing X. The floor shakes from an explosion...
Heh heh! :D

I like how the soldiers are a blatant rip-off of the Jin Roh Panzer Division, they look so damn cool, its about time somebody copied them and put it in a game.

And the graphics are top-notch (especially for PS2), this, MGS3 and Viewtiful Joe really look like games that will be great. Lets just hope the gameplay can match the visual style.

Originally posted by manny_c44
I like how the soldiers are a blatant rip-off of the Jin Roh Panzer Division, they look so damn cool, its about time somebody copied them and put it in a game.
I got Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade on DVD, it's pretty good. The Panzer Division carry MG42's like it's a SMG. :LOL:

Yeah they do hold them like SMGs, pretty ridiculous because those guns look like they weight 100 pounds.

WHOA :| That looks very very nice, any word on a PC release?

Wow. Is that really on the ps2 hardware!? Dang they are pushing the ps2 to it's limits...Heheh, can't wait...maybe I can get all that dust off my ps2 and start playing it...hehe..

Nah, I'll bet you anything Xbox will pick up the license sooner or later ;)

Bad^Hat: You can always dream. If not Sony buys Guerrilla though. :)

LOL I'm just sayin is all, I don't have an Xbox they just seem to be big on licensing rite now. PS2 exclusive is good but I hope it comes to PC, provided it's popular it should make it here sooner or later.

whoa...that looks pretty darn good for a ps2 console :thumbs:

Yup, the game is surely gonna own halo, at least in terms of atmosphere. Those pics are probably show the most realistic sci-fi atmosphere of any game out yet. Compared to the atmosphere of halo, halo looks like cartoon-shooter.

As for graphics, they really rock for a PS2 game.

And gameplay.. well thats to be seen in future...

Originally posted by DarkelP
Apparently from playtesting, the game is superb in both graphics and gameplay

I'm sure the game will be fun to play.
But I doubt that is would be classified as a rival to Half-life 2.
I myself would like to think that I am going to show some product loyalty in a Half-life 2 forum. I think it would make me feel better.

This is actually a good looking PS2 game lol :) There is a good chance that Europians will get this game first since it's beeing develloped by dutch people .. in the netherlands that is. I'd love to play this game but I don't have a PS2 .. also I'll be too hooked on HL² multiplay that I'll hardly have any time for it :)

Originally posted by hl2_mods
I'm sure the game will be fun to play.
But I doubt that is would be classified as a rival to Half-life 2.
I myself would like to think that I am going to show some product loyalty in a Half-life 2 forum. I think it would make me feel better.

Thing is, Half-life 2 is a story driven single player game....Killzone is a story driven tactical squad game.....both games are very different in ways of playing and style. Half-life 2 is basically Gordon going it alone against an alien army most of the time...Killzone is you part of a massive army, and you always having a squad member with you to help fight, and you can choose different characters to play.
Anyway, Half-life 2 is PC, killzone is PS2, and to be frankly honest, Half-life 2 isnt the game to end all games, its not the mother of all games. Yer flame we all you want, but I dont see any Spaceship combat like Homeworld 2, or things like that. Games give different experiances, i think killzone will be equal to Half-life 2....

Balls!!! those tank's look like to be enemy's....oh well, Marvin, get the RPG launcher!

Thanks for the new pics!:cheers:

I hope they release a video/trailer soon... because I want to see this game in motion.
Some rumours said that it would come a trailer soon... but for how long? :)

Thanks for the pics Jager.

It sure looks awesome but it's not really not my cup of tea. If I want a game with supah-dupa blingbling NVG's I'm most likely to buy one of the latest additions to the Rainbow 6 genre. But that's just me ;)

lol saltpeter true....its totally my cup of tea, so im going to get it

Originally posted by Loke
I hope they release a video/trailer soon... because I want to see this game in motion.
Some rumours said that it would come a trailer soon... but for how long? :)

Thanks for the pics Jager.

Actually, I think a trailer is gonna be released this week in an english mag. They said they would be the first mag worl-wide to get an exclusive peek of the game, as well as trailer they may put on their mag-dvd.

Originally posted by freddythefrog
Actually, I think a trailer is gonna be released this week in an english mag. They said they would be the first mag worl-wide to get an exclusive peek of the game, as well as trailer they may put on their mag-dvd.

Which mag? Official PlayStation 2 Magazine?

Back