BF1942 "Navy Seals" movie

C

Cybernoid

It was fairly high on FilePlanet's top 50 movies list, so I downloaded it. What unbelievable crap! It's essentially a collection of cliches and Matrix ripoffs (bullet time all the time). Most of the music is from Matrix, as well. It has brilliant dialogue such as:

"Navy Seals dude: ok guys this is a tough mission i dont expect everyone to return make me proud"
"Other NS dude: yes sir"

The Navy Seals, being the badass mofos that they are, daringly parachute on oilrigs in broad daylight, detonate explosives while standing three meters away and run straight at fortified enemy positions. They also kill enemies with knives if they are behind one. Just because they can. In addition to this, they can make perfect shots while parachuting or riding a chopper.

The Iraqis are portrayed as you would expect. Blind, deaf and dumb. Their only impulse is to run at the Seals and fire full auto, hoping that they land a shot.

But what is the mission of the Seals? Well, they destroy AA sites by assaulting them in the afternoon sun. The AA sites could be destroyed by air forces (they don't really seem to shoot at anything), but it's much cooler to go in guns blazing. Or whatever.

The only good game movies were made for Quake.

What do you call these type of movies? machina or something?

Anyway I'd say the only good BF1942 movies are the stupid stunt ones which are pretty entertaining. There was a decent one for Half-Life: CS, that militia thing by The Godfather I think.

Wow that does sounds horrible, but most of those types of movies are. But it would make sense that they would send in a SEAL team instead of an airstrike because they wouldn't want to blow up the oil rig.

The Matrix films sucked apart from the first one, so right away I do not intend to download it.

Tinneth said:
The Matrix films sucked apart from the first one, so right away I do not intend to download it.
Because they use Matrix effects? Like from the first movie, you know the one that set the standard for action films.

sounds like they're practising for careers as hollywood piss artists.

I saw the Navy Seals movie and I thought it was great. It was the best game movie I have ever seen. Let me see you make a better movie instead of bashing others. If you want a realistic movie then go to the theaters instead of expecting so much out of regular ppl that are trying to make one for the community to enjoy.

Apollo 13 said:
I saw the Navy Seals movie and I thought it was great. It was the best game movie I have ever seen. Let me see you make a better movie instead of bashing others. If you want a realistic movie then go to the theaters instead of expecting so much out of regular ppl that are trying to make one for the community to enjoy.

I bash video games -- does it mean I can do a better job than them? No. But that doesn't mean I can't tell good from bad.

Don't start attacking people because they don't like something you do.

Apollo 13 said:

i can and will make better things than that in the future, i've got bigger ideas than making simple 'movies' like that ;)

Apollo 13 said:

http://brigandmike.free.fr/sunbreath.html

thats one kick ass game movie

Back