BF3 Who is Buying

Will you Buy?

• Yes but on console to avoid Origin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hilarious how much people are complaining about their privacy with Origin. Apparently they've never read the Steam EULA. Either that, or they've just forgotten.

Hilarious how much people are complaining about their privacy with Origin. Apparently they've never read the Steam EULA. Either that, or they've just forgotten.
Difference being Steam says they'll only share imformation that's been aggregated across the user base, like the hardware survey stats, not anything that could identify you personally. EA said they'd do whatever the **** they want.

Actually the difference is that Steam's is opt-in, and Origin's doesn't even give you the option of opting out. I'm happy to participate in Steam's hardware surveys, but only because they're up front about it and I want the service to improve.

To be fair EA pretty clearly state they won't identify you personally unless subpoenaed to do so, which puts them on the same page as basically every other service on the internet, including Google.

Eh, I just give no shits. I'll play BF3 regardless. I'm signed up for Facebook and have addons so that makes my info available to advertisers. I just stay behind a hardware and two software firewalls and run noscript and use msconfig to stop any startup services but Windows.

Back