BFG (big f***** gun)!!

Looks like a barrett model 99 single shot bolt action .50 caliber rifle with an interesting scope rail.

It's not the biggest of guns though

kevinch2.jpg

RT-20 20mm sniper

theacr.jpg

steyr IWS 2000

short recoil said:
Looks like a barrett model 99 single shot bolt action .50 caliber rifle with an interesting scope rail.

When short recoil speaks...you listen.

short recoil said:
Exactly what i was thinking.

http://www.doomcenter***/doom/weapons/bfg-9000-2.jpg

If you ever need to shoot through 20 elephants you'll know what to use...

SixThree said:
If you ever need to shoot through 20 elephants you'll know what to use...
It depends which part of the elephant you shoot at (lets say middle of head from the side) but i reckon you'd only penetrate through the first elephant with a .50bmg, however humans....it'd go through about 6 before stopping :rolleyes:

Wait a minute, why the hell would you want to shoot through 20 elephants, poor bastards.

hell...this guns are so big and bulky they arent even useful! doesn't a sniper need to constantly change his firing position?!

short recoil said:
Wait a minute, why the hell would you want to shoot through 20 elephants, poor bastards.

If they are attacking your fortress. :rolleyes:

Why would I want to shoot through 20 elephants? One word: efficiency. In the ivory business, I can tell you from experience, time is money.

jverne said:
hell...this guns are so big and bulky they arent even useful! doesn't a sniper need to constantly change his firing position?!
A good sniper should move around when it is safe to do so or is in serious danger of being spotted/hit.

.50's arn't too bulky to carry about but mainly those and anything bigger are used in deserts and arctic from vehicles or dug ins.

A .50bmg sniper has a maximum range of about 1800m, so you don't have to be anywhere near if you can aim straight :)

short recoil said:
I assume you mean the action, but it goes without saying that it's single shot if you mention it's a bolt action

Otherwise, if that's not what you meant... You see that boxy thing under the scope? the magazine? yeah, that thing holds the bullets, and it can hold more than one...

Yeah, it's me being dumb then......somehow i actually missed the magazine.

It's an m82a1 then, semi auto, magazine on the bolt action is at the back (bullpup)

short recoil said:
Yeah, it's me being dumb then......somehow i actually missed the magazine.

It's an m82a1 then, semi auto, magazine on the bolt action is at the back (bullpup)

semi auto and bolt action?

short recoil said:

But it makes perfect sense to shoot through 20 humans? :rolling: That just doesn't sound right lol

But alas, I agree. :sniper: :flame: :thumbs:

Well that depends on the target/s. And there are different tools for different jobs. You wouldn't use a picture hanging hammer to split wood, same as you wouldn't use a sledghammer to nail down a lose floorboard or to build a deck.

jverne said:
Only if someone as gotten wind of his general direction.

My uncle had to use a two-man sniper rifle with a computer screen built in for the stuff he did in the military, I'm sure that was a big-ass gun.

I saw a video with a soldier in Irak shoting with this gun (at Killsometime.com i think)

He is at a mountain range, zooms into this irakie, pulls the trigger and the iraki FLYES away like dust with his arm flying in another direktion....i was like (woooooooooooow)

They show several other kills where they shot one shot and it really shreads the body apart...never seen something like that before...

OvA said:
When short recoil speaks...you listen.

Yeah! Or you get a picture of him posted in your thread, and some moron who doesn't even know Short Recoil's first name tells you that he is going to roundhouse you into next week over the internet. So you BETTER listen, buddy boy.

Glo-Boy said:
Yeah! Or you get a picture of him posted in your thread, and some moron who doesn't even know Short Recoil's first name tells you that he is going to roundhouse you into next week over the internet. So you BETTER listen, buddy boy.

His first name's Short.

:rolleyes:

Back