BFV draws near!

Yes Tribes 2 is better but I have played that to death.

ukfilmer: Just because your studying CG effects it doesn't make your opinion on what looks better any higher than someone who knows nothing about CGI. If it looks good... it looks good and vise versa.

i know, i was just saying my opinion on the effects on bf1942, thought id post some random shite being 4 am and all :)

BF:V is my most highly anticipated game for the coming weeks, followed by FarCry and the new Splinter Cell. I don't care much for UT2004. Not my kinda game ...

Shakermaker said:
BF:V is my most highly anticipated game for the coming weeks, followed by FarCry and the new Splinter Cell. I don't care much for UT2004. Not my kinda game ...

I feel the same way.
Ut2k4 was fun, but I would call it "Light-hearted" theres no real team aspect to it other than you have other people going for the node you are... its deathmatch with a slight cause. (IMO so dont go telling me what I should feel)

Farcry looks great, and if the MP is done correctly it could be an awesome game (really heavy jungle combat)... hopefuly they fix up some of the fps issues and AA/AF.
Also the controls were a lil off (not as responsive, and laggy at times) and the animations and sound could be touched up... but I digress, its going to be great regardless.

I cant wait to see what DICE comes out with next.....
Battlefield: Suburbia, anyone? lol
but seriously, I wonder what kinda expansions we can expect to see.

Mr. Redundant said:
but seriously, I wonder what kinda expansions we can expect to see.

My bet is on an official Desert Combat expansion for BF:V made by Trauma Studios. DICE doesn't hand out $500K for nothing. My bet is this expansion will hit the stores around Christmas this year.

Shakermaker said:
My bet is on an official Desert Combat expansion for BF:V made by Trauma Studios. DICE doesn't hand out $500K for nothing. My bet is this expansion will hit the stores around Christmas this year.

oh hey, I didnt even think about that.. nice one :)
That would be pretty cool.

Shakermaker said:

Holy crap 500k? is that contracted what if the game makes tons of cash their still bound to the original 500k? Or would they get increasements..

holy sheeet, didnt know it was that much but yeah definately a retail dc in the works, and the mp in farcry wasnt my thing at least, deathmatchy and severly slow, not tacticly slow just ... slow in general.

Actually, so far they've said that DC wasn't what they were hired for. But who knows what will happen.

Mr. Redundant said:
Farcry looks great, and if the MP is done correctly it could be an awesome game (really heavy jungle combat)... hopefuly they fix up some of the fps issues and AA/AF.
Also the controls were a lil off (not as responsive, and laggy at times) and the animations and sound could be touched up... but I digress, its going to be great regardless.

Far Cry has too many bugs and graphical glitches for me to care about it anymore. I got the new demo, the research one, and its boring. Obviously it doesnt give away any new info about the story, other then Monsters being on the island ( Ok, with Far Cry, Doom 3, HL2 and S.T.A.L.K.E.R all having monsters i think its far to say people are trying to milk the monster thing for all its worth) and there still wasn't any atmosphere in the game. The graphics are good, sure, but what good are the graphics when there game has no atmosphere?

As for BF:V. i dont care for it, i might try it out when the multiplayer demo comes out but multiplayer isnt my thing (maybe its because i have a 56k, but im getting 512kb Broadband tomorrow :D YAY for Optus :D)

And then it consumes your life. :D
I love single player games as much as the next guy, but its the multiplayer games that consume my life and stick with me for over a year or two. From Tribes 1/2, DOD, to Battlefield, I've been addicted.

Sparta said:
..but im getting 512kb Broadband tomorrow :D YAY for Optus :D)
prepare to start getting interested in Multiplayer games, trust me.
Farcry doesnt really interest me as much as I let on, it was more of a "damn something new to play!" feeling I had when the demo came out, rather than "OMFG must purchase this game." the coolest aspect of Farcry to me was the cool foliage, but since BF:V is going to have pretty much the same effect, with 64 player Multiplayer that is proven to be immense fun...

yeeeeah gimme mah BF:V.
I havent really been interested in Singleplayer since I got broadband.... its weird I used to love single player before... now Im wondering if I could even play through HL2 single player... I mean ... NOT EVEN CO-OP?!?! oh noes!

once you get your broadband, if you dont own BF1942, do yourself a favor and download the MP demo.

Back