big error on map.

Stertman

Reaction score
ehm.. Why are my map doing like this? sometimes i works just fine, but when i move the crosshair just a little bit it suddenly gets messed up and transparent? it works from different angles.. please help me..

That arm is hot.

I'm not sure what's going on, though. Is the floor just turning blue? Maybe it's a HOM? Is the floor, the pillars, or anything around there an entity? What does mat_wireframe [1 or 2] show, or mat_leafvis 1? Do you have a leak or somesuch?

ignore the hand, working on the texture for it.. :p

ehm, The floor isnt turning blue, it gets invisible, the pillars does to in different angles, the blue thing you see is the skybox..
as you see the railing also dissapear. I have some func_details on the map, but I havn't walkd into anything like this before..
what is mat_wireframe [1 or 2] and mat_leafvis 1?

Make sure the floor is a world brush and not a func_detail or something.
And you'll probably want those pillars to be func_detail.

i think i know why..it kind of looks like you are using a custom skin, or model, if you are, take it off or try a different one, that usually happens for errored models/skins.

Yes, this could be a lot of things.

Mat_wireframe and mat_leafvis are CVars used for debugging.

I add another question onto the above: what texture is on the floor?

The texture on the floor is a one I made myself, I'm making a map fom a irl place that has that type of floor. The same thing happens when I use another texture so that's not the problem..
and its not becaus of the model i have, because it works on every other map i have done,,

Can you tell me how to use those debugging CVars? never heard of them..

thanks

It can be the problem if it happens on another texture. If it didn't then you could say "that's not the problem".
What does the .vmt look like?

mat_wireframe (0,1,2,3?) are used to show what is being drawn in that pvs.
And it won't really help you in this case because it draws the lines of the polys being drawn, not why they wouldn't be drawn.

And you did check to see if that floor is a world brush?

Back