big problem

ch0ke

Spy
Reaction score
hey ive been having a problem with my pc now for ages while playing any games it will restart after a few mins or go to blue screen of death or it will give a memory error.
i thought it was an overheating problem but i opened my case got new fans blah blah and my temperatures are fine.
not a graphics card problem cause ive tried 3 different cards.
sometime it even restarts just in windows.
and its not a memory error cause ive tried my memory on my mates pc and its fine.
and once it crashes it would boot up into windows and restart straight away repeatedly like 5 times in a row. ive even tried underclocking my pc, moving memory to different dimm slots.
then once it restared and i couldnt boot up windows anymore cause it came up with an error NTLRD missing.
so i decided to install windows through booting up on the disc.
but now it cant even ****ing do that, it will either come up with the blue screen when im in the middle of formatting the partition or while its installing.
so anyone who has a suggestion, please tell me?
motherboard error?
i have no clue what the hell to do now ;(

could be mobo, try sticking in another harddisk and install windows on that.

Could even be the power supply. I'm guessing a few possibilities, just troubleshoot it. Could be video card, processor, motherboard, or even the power supply. Start with swapping a powersupply with a friend, then a video card. There are probably programs that will have tests to perform on the processor, I have a disk that checks almost everything in a PC from memory to harddrives, etc.

i know its not the graphics card because ive already tried 3 different cards, im buying a new power supply so ill see if thats the problem but its 360 watt so how can it be? it cant be bad segment on hard drives cause they work fine on my mates pc. And my memory works fine on my mates pc as well.
So do you reckon there could be a problem with my motherboard maybe the DIMM slots are fecked or something?

Specs-CPU = P4 3.4ghz, GPU = geforce fx 5200 128 mb, RAM = 2x512mb Corsair TwinX XMS DDR 400mhz, Soundcard = Audigy 2ZS 5.1, a 360 watt power supply that came with the pc, Hard Drives = 1 x 250 gig + 1 x 160 gig, Mobo = Asus P4P800
dunno if thatll help at all

Back