Big Team Fortress 2 Update Tomorrow (Badlands!)

Are you all new here or something? When has Valve ever released anything on time?

People make it sound like other developers are always on time!

* contents himself with drinking Tea from shiny black Aperture Laboratories mug whilst he waits:D

Is the news post accurate in saying 11am PST? Cause if it's non-GMT as noted in other posts, the update won't be coming until 6pm PST, another 6-7 hours.

Well, when have valve ever released anything on time? You'd think we'd be used to it by now. I can wait a few more hours ;)

but its 12:02 here and I'm in their timezone? PST

I can't play now anyway though so I don't care.

Valve screws up a release date..the world is silent with shock..

With people like you, they never will "redeem" themselves. Get over it, shit happens, thus delays.

They said "the update will be released at 11am PST" and they didn't. It's bullshit and there's no excuse for it. They do this every time.

With people like you, they never will "redeem" themselves. Get over it, shit happens, thus delays.

I disagree. If delays happen every time they should add an extra day to the amount of time they have. Repeated lateness is a direct product of either laziness or bad estimation of how long something will take.

As Zeus says, it's bull and there's no excuse.

It's coming and there are also updates for portal and ep2!

I hate to agree with you, but I agree with you. There really is no excuse for this lateness, what testing that was done to ensure the patch would launch properly should have been done well before now. Perhaps it's just Valve's bad luck, but for it to happen every single major launch (aside from Episode One and the Orange Box final release) must show some problem with either the game or the software they are using as a medium, both entirely their own creation.

That said, I'm happy to wait. It would just be nice to see something on time.

QuickEdit: Wait, it's out?!? I retract my previous statement. I luv u Valve!

I hate to agree with you, but I agree with you. There really is no excuse for this lateness, what testing that was done to ensure the patch would launch properly should have been done well before now. Perhaps it's just Valve's bad luck, but for it to happen every single major launch (aside from Episode One and the Orange Box final release) must show some problem with either the game or the software they are using as a medium, both entirely their own creation.

That is also bull. The problem is that they set unrealistic deadlines. How did you come up with the stupid idea that the delays are caused by the software they use?

That is also bull. The problem is that they set unrealistic deadlines. How did you come up with the stupid idea that the delays are caused by the software they use?

Who are you to know that it isn't? We really don't know what happens at each release. Unlikely perhaps, but a valid excuse if it is true.

Be happy. It's out now.

downloading now!

will there be any servers to play badlands yet though...

Jesus guys, it was a few hours. It's not that big of a deal.

They said "the update will be released at 11am PST" and they didn't. It's bullshit and there's no excuse for it. They do this every time.

Yep because nothing ever comes up eh? Quit bitching about when you get stuff for free. They were late by a few hours, who cares? You got it didn't you? STFU. :rolleyes:

You need help if you literally wait for updates infront of your computer.

It was released exactly when I came back from job, great timing ;)

Perhaps it's just Valve's bad luck, but for it to happen every single major launch (aside from Episode One and the Orange Box final release) must show some problem with either the game or the software they are using as a medium, both entirely their own creation.

At least they know that they have a problem
Gabe said:
"The biggest negative [at Valve] is our failure to schedule effectively."

Back