*Bigass Spoiler* Super Soldier?

Angry Lawyer

Reaction score
After peeking through the GCF files, I came across a rather odd discovery.

Take a look yourself. It could redefine exactly what the true Combine are.

Now, by the looks of it, it's made of the same things as the striders, gunships, crabsynths and mortarsynths. The file name is marked 'Combine_Super_Soldier', but it doesn't look very human to me. Could this be a 'true' combine?

-Angry Lawyer

Attachments

• Combine_Super_Soldier.jpg
    Combine_Super_Soldier.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 397
it was going to be an elite, but they changed the combine appearance to be more human, im not sure why though...

Source: the little prima book sampler that came with the ce, i think it was from part of the raising the bar book

If you open that up in the model viewer it turns out to be the combine soldiers in white (the ones who use the alt fire on the pulse rifle). It looks like they forgot to change the picture though.

Really? Ahh, that squelches things. And I thought I found something interesting :(

-Angry Lawyer

i did too :(
its still very interesting because we dont know why they changed it
i want to know!!

Well, let us cross our fingers and hope it gets shipped as an example model in the SDK. Could come in useful for my mod.

-Angry Lawyer

That picture comes up when you look with Model Viewer, but when you click on it it comes up with the Combine Elite.

Why this isn't in the game: Valve made it to be a Synth (like the Strider or the Gunship). It was meant to be a step up from the Combine soldiers. But Valve didn't like it in the Citadel, it was too Alien in an Alien setting. They preferred you fighting human types in the Citadel, so they made the Combine Elite instead.

(Paraphrased from Raising the Bar)

Back