Bill Nye the Science guy talks on Fox

Pesmerga

Reaction score
This guy is awesome, I wish he was my father.

He was on Fox today and was explaining the stuff about Hurricane Dennis. It's all global warming's fault!! Damn this guy is cool. I just had to make a thread about it.

I watched that shit in like, 2nd grade. He's the man.

I used to love his show, and what made it better was that all of the science teachers showed it in class so it was like a free day, and I think they cancelled before the new mellinia :hmph:

shadow6899 said:
Bill nye the science guy, BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL , BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY! man that show rocked, he actually made science seem less boring.... if that's possible.
Well obviously he did, which is why so many of us watched it... :p

I use to watch it all the time on PBS...or was it pbs?Anyways I miss that show. :(

Bill Nye the Science Guy kicked lots of something ass.

shadow6899 said:
Bill nye the science guy, BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL , BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY! man that show rocked, he actually made science seem less boring.... if that's possible.
what the hell are you talking about, science is as exiting as something can be.

Haha, I used to love Bill Nye!

xcellerate said:
what about beakmans world? That's really old.

That show was way more pimp, he had a green coat, wacky hair, cool stuff, but that was less of a science show and more of a ''cool shat you can do at home" show

lol havent heard this guys name for quite awhile now. He used to have a show on PBS, my like grade 8 or 9 science teacher used to show us tapes of his shows, twas pimpin

Tr0n said:
Damn't!

There's no Alabama stations that's gonna broadcast it. :(

Looks like it only broadcasts in 5 or so states. And none of them are KY. :x

I think we have all established that everyone loves Bill Nye, but I think the important matter at hand is global warming, not Bill Nye's awesomeness.

HOLY ****! I just realized my Physical Science teacher back in freshmen year looked EXACTLY like Bill Nye! O_O

*EDIT* just checked out that new Bill Nye site...Wow..granted it's all stuff I know, I'd watch it..cause it is interesting, for some reason..must be the fact that I'm hot for him.

Bill Nye isn't even a scientists - he's a "science guy." He got his degree in a Cap'n Crunch box with a free whistle. He's cool anyway.

nick_t said:
Bill Nye isn't even a scientists - he's a "science guy." He got his degree in a Cap'n Crunch box with a free whistle. He's cool anyway.

Where's your proof? He's a hell of a lot more knowledgable than any science teacher I've met.

Pesmerga said:
Where's your proof? He's a hell of a lot more knowledgable than any science teacher I've met.

The phrase "Google makes me clever...." springs to mind.

These wizard computers make anyone into a boffin! Yes.

Wikipedia knows all:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye

Nye was born in Washington, D.C.He graduated from Cornell University's Sibley School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering in 1977 with a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering. At Cornell, he studied under Carl Sagan. He is a licensed mechanical engineer in the state of Washington since 1983. As an engineer, he developed a hydraulic pressure resonance suppressor used by Boeing in its 747 airliner.

OH MY GOD YES. I used to fscking worship that man, and I would probably fellate him (nevermind the fact that I am both a guy and straight) just to have him back on tv.

I remember there was this one show on Nickelodeon that always aired in the wee hours of the morn'. It always came on around 5-6 or so.. I always remember watching it. It had something like the word magic in the title of the show.. I cannot remember. It definetly came out a longer time before Bill Nye, I think.. I cannot remember but I think it came out early to late 80s since the show looked exactly like a show should in the 80s.. Anyway, it had this older guy in it.. He always did crazy sweet stuff, dare I say sweeter and better than Bill Nye.. If anyone remembers this show or anything I am talking about.. Please respond with your knowledge..

i met him in 5th grade when we made a sun dial at our elementary school.

he's a dick.

Shamrock said:
I remember there was this one show on Nickelodeon that always aired in the wee hours of the morn'. It always came on around 5-6 or so.. I always remember watching it. It had something like the word magic in the title of the show.. I cannot remember. It definetly came out a longer time before Bill Nye, I think.. I cannot remember but I think it came out early to late 80s since the show looked exactly like a show should in the 80s.. Anyway, it had this older guy in it.. He always did crazy sweet stuff, dare I say sweeter and better than Bill Nye.. If anyone remembers this show or anything I am talking about.. Please respond with your knowledge..

His name was Mr. Wizard if I recall correctly.

Yay.. It took me about 10 minutes to figure it out.. But I finally found out the name to the show I used to always watch on Nickelodeon... It was Mr. Wizard.. This man was so much cooler than Bill Nye.. I miss his shows.

Lethal8472 said:
His name was Mr. Wizard if I recall correctly.
Yes you are correct.. I just came across his name on some website in google that linked to a forum asking for your favorite old Nickeloden shows. /me gets an idea for a new thread..

Wow.. I miss that show..

Shamrock said:
Yay.. It took me about 20 minutes to figure it out.. But I finally found out the name to the show I used to always watch on Nickelodeon... It was Mr. Wizard.. This man was so much cooler than Bill Nye.. I miss his shows.
It only took you 10 minutes according to you post times, and it could have been 9 if you read the post above yours.

Anyone who even hates science knows Bill Nye made it fun when they were kids. I loved Bill Nye. Made science so damned fun.

used to watch this guy's shows back in the day :D
anyway it doesn't look like his new show is carried here in Canada.

i found out about his new show because he was being interviewed on the howard stern show in the morning. he was taking about how he is a professor part time (i think at cornell). i just thought that it would be so cool if he were your professor.

Science isnt boring, I would like to see him talk about math and make it fun..
Anyone can make science fun...

HEY!! What happend to my Signature??!!

shit, I can't watch him here...no places airing it..*cry*

Back