Bing or Google?

Bing! or Google

• Total voters

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
So I've been having a deeply introspective, contemplative - early-twenties emotional dilemma and amongst all the angst regarding women, drugs, disconnected family and my crisis of feeling perpetually immature and inept I'm left with one grating and vexatious ultimatum. Bing or Google. There can only be one.

Who the hell would use Bing? It was proven Bing is just a microsoft biased version of google.

There's really not much difference in search quality:

http://blindsearch.fejus.com

But I'm pretty sure Bing still lags behind in Europe compared to the US version and there's no real advantage in using it over Google, so I use Google, but both will get the job done.

Google!

I only use Bing for the Travel thing, to do flight cost comparison (and even then, Bing only shows a portion of all available deals).

I only like Bing's flyover map because you get really good detail of places without having to micromanage a street view. Plus you can see cool stuff sometimes that satellites can't spot.

Google wins simply because of its reverse image search technology.

You know, I love Microsoft's programming stuff... but I couldn't give a shit about Bing.

I remember when it was discovered that Bing was using Google's results, so even if you use Bing, you're using Google.

Also, anyone who falls for this baloney competition is the same kind of person who falls for the COD Vs BF3 competition marketing ploy. Way to be sheep.

I don't, haha. Though I wish I did because I'm very into the idea of someone INSISTING on Bing!.

I normally use google, but I use Bing video when I uh, I am streaming types of videos, because it doesn't take you to the actual streaming website so you don't have to worry about popups.

What is the irony?

Calling me a sheep. This thread is satire. Or it least it began as satire.

Sheeple are often oblivious to such things. Look at the ****ing poll. haha. Bite, Kryndoggy, bite!

Calling me a sheep. This thread is satire. Or it least it began as satire.

Sheeple are often oblivious to such things. Look at the ****ing poll. haha.

Wow, damn. You really take things personally don't you? Any time I post anything in a thread you start, you immediately take it as a personal insult directed towards you.

Okay, let me clear some things up for you.
A) When I said "people who fall for this" I didn't mean "BHC"
B) I figured the thread was a non-serious thread since I don't think people on this site are stupid enough to be search engine fanboys
C) I didn't even realize it was you who made the thread until I had to look through the thread to find out why you took it so personally
D) I didn't even read your OP. I just made the remarks because I know people IRL who are stupid enough to be search engine fanboys who use one or the other just because they hate the opposite for no good reason.
E) Irony is defined as the following:
The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect

So the only way anything I said could be ironic is if by "sheep" I ironically meant the opposite. Which I didn't.
F) People being "Sheeple" has nothing to do with recognizing or not recognizing satire, it has to do with going along with some kind of trend just because theres some kind of trend going along.
G) "Sheeple" is a stupid word.

So yeah, I hope that clears some stuff up between us. Have a good day, kind sir.

Actually Krynn, I like you, I think this has been established. I'm just wry and sour - also your wording is mixed up if you think you weren't referring to me.

You created a new sentence saying "Way to be a sheep".

Actually Krynn, I like you, I think this has been established. I'm just wry and sour - also your wording is mixed up if you think you weren't referring to me.

You created a new sentence saying "Way to be a sheep".

Clearly I was addressing the people whom I had been talking about the whole time. If I were talking in a thread about how shitty congressmen were I talked about how they all vote according solely to their own interests at the expense of lots of other people and then said:

Way to be a douche.

Would you have assumed I was talking to the thread's original poster?

Sa'll TLC now, I'm done net-raging and the conflict has been resolved. <3

Back to Bing! there's a lot of press lately as Microsoft is pouring millions into the project. They have something like 14% of the search market iirc. If for no other reason simply because Internet Explorer defaults to it.

Google, Bing seems like a decent search engine that probably works so poorly because webmasters only care about Google.

http://www.duckduckgo.com/

It doesn't store your personal data or searches like Google and you can tell it to prevent sending your search query to websites that you navigate to if you're a paranoid nutter (Danimal!) and it has a handy feature that lets you search in other search engines.

"!g [whatever you want to search]" to search in Google
!gi = Google Images
!yt = YouTube
!steam = Steam Store
!wiki = Wikipedia
!tvtropes = Wastes two+ hours of your life.

I believe it also automatically checks website's WOT status and warns you if it's got a bad reputation.

What if the joke was on us and Bing really took over? haha

I mean, once upon a time I remember slamming Microsoft for even imagining making headway in the gaming console business... but by sheer brunt force of money and snatching up third parties they became the front-runner in the (non gimmicky) console market.

Bing - 1
Google - 50

Alright, open up. Who voted Bing?

5YMGU.jpg

Looks like one of those little Headcrabs from a Gonarch.

Microsoft is actually the front runner in gimmicky console additions too.

tbh tho I wouldn't mind Bing so much if it hadn't taken the liberty of installing itself in my search toolbar when I installed Firefox 4.0. Seriously ****ing unclassy.

Actually, Bing is one of the default search engines on Chrome, too. The search toolbar works a bit differently on here, like you don't actually pull down and select one, but still.

Back