Bioshock Gameplay Video #2

Can't wait. I've been nothing short of impressed with everything I've seen.

I'm gonna make a bold statement here and say that this is as good as the original HL. In HL you tried to escape Black Mesa. They clipped out a few scenes I heard like some underwater levels. Well, those levels have come back. :smoking: I wanna get a new pc this summer too. *It's coming out for the pc too. Check out teh developer walkthrough which is awesome: http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2610 **I like how they made the sound of the girl chugging down the blood too. Then she coughs it back up with some blood coming out. Naaasty. Then after seeing that you gotta decide if you wanna kill this seemingly harmless girl. **Holy shit I didn't realise the part when you come up to teh girl she pushes that table back. They say it's completely AI too! :eek:

cool, i really love the animation of the characters, very believable, particularly the small girl...

agreed with all above, 100% original gameplay...

Like some previous posters have mentioned, the gunplay doesn't look too hot, but the overall level of immersion and detail is without a doubt pimp shittingly awesome.

I also loved the nice little effects they included. Like how the teleportation guy explodes into a cloud of blood only to reform elsewhere, or the wisps of smoke trailing off the revolver.

The only way to make this game more awesome would be if some enterprising modder upgraded the gunplay aspect of the game for the PC version in the same way that SMOD tactical upgraded halflife 2's gunplay.

Thats the only way i can think of that could improve the game, at least for me.

But screw that for now, this game already has me drooling in anticipation.

I don't think they're focusing too much on the gunplay because it's actually not that big of a part of the game compared to others. Also, there is manual hacking, I don't know why it wasn't shown there:

http://www.bioshock-online.com/image.asp?shot=59

In the playthrough we recorded, the player had plasmids and inventory items equipped that essentially turned him into a super hacker, allowing him to bypass the slower and more difficult manual hacking.

Players that want to focus on using the security system to their advantage can go this route; players that choose to build their character in other ways can still hack things but it's more difficult, time/resource-consuming, and has more repercussions for failure.

-Chris Kline, Irrational Games

It better be very difficult. Not like Oblivion, where it's overall better to manually pick lock doors.

The thing is that the devs. from the get-go said that Bioshock is not another RPG with FPS elements , but the new step in FPS's. I can't see it like this when the combat m the basic sense of a "shooter" isn't implented good enough.

It has the gfx,story and atmosphere. I assume it will all come down to the the RPG elements - how good and how varied are they.
Anyways , the game uniquness alone will make this game worth-checking.

Just watched the HD video, and I noticed something odd. It looks like there's a bit of footage cut from the "hacking" part, where he deactivates the security bots using the station. You can see him shift spots suddenly just before it turns off, and when he looks back around the bots aren't where they were a second before - maybe they don't want to reveal the hacking system just yet? Which would suggest it's something pretty cool in itself.

Also, he clearly steps around the Big Daddy's gun after he kills it, and it's lying there so conspicuously seperated from it's owner. Guessing that'll be one of the more powerful guns in the game (damn well better be after that), if wieldable.

I'm not entirely sure but the hacking elements appear to of been removed to create a better flow of action through the trailer.

oohh thats an interesting find bad hat, and yeah is probably like clarky said so that the flow of the trailer is better.....because i remember the hacking taking a while in the 15 min trailer

Back