Bioshock PC specs ..WTF?

I may have to retract my 8800 statement, but no yet. Besides I'm on a 19" CRT 1280x960.

I was going to buy Bioshock, but... I simply no longer can. My computer will not handle this. Every single part of it will have to be upgraded. :|

thats bloddy retarted. so unreal tournament 3 is like that as well?

No. I can run RoboBlitz fine on my mid-range rig....

It depends on the content.

Seriously, you're all over-reacting. Did you all really expect to run this thing at full-whack without a top of the line PC? >.<

Never mind the vague nature of the specs listed in the first place but yeah those are probably for full bore high zomg quality. It's a new game of course it's going to have high system requirements. Why people have a cry is beyond me.

I can't find that particular quote following the provided link...
did they removed it?

Just get an Xbox 360 and this issue will mean nothing. That's why I'm getting the Xbox version.

Like kyo said, it's nothing to get all worked up over (I would be concerned with a P4 and 9800 radeon though.) This is what Unreal Engine has been about through it's history, only quite a bit later have systems become powerful enough to make the game fly on max everything without severe performance cost.

do you want fancy graphics or not? if you do suck it up and upgrade, if not then scale down the graphics. Jesus Christ, this not a big deal.

Looks good to me. I ran HL2 on a Pentium 3 1.13Ghz at decent quality. I should be able to run at least medium settings with my 1.86 dual.

Just get an Xbox 360 and this issue will mean nothing. That's why I'm getting the Xbox version.

Ah but then you just bent over to Microsoft's will. Besides what happens when a PC only awesome game you want to play comes out? Fair enough if you get the console for more than the one game though, so don't try and throw that one in my face.

360 for bioshock, what a lol

Reviews have actually claimed its more of a 360 game than a PC game because of the aiming system and such so I wouldn't laugh :p Lots of people have said that it actually plays 'better' on the 360, not in framerate but generally how the game works. I have tried not to watch to many videos of it because I don't want to spoil it as I have a feeling its going to be a short game. But from what I have seen its not a game that you run in gun slinging at all. Most of the time your using powers.

Wouldn't have anything to do with those reviews being biased towards consoles would it?

Back