Black Box Cancelled

What does he mean "give away" unwanted product codes? Shall we be indirectly buying copies of HL2 and Episode One for people? :thumbs:

What does he mean "give away" unwanted product codes? Shall we be indirectly buying copies of HL2 and Episode One for people? :thumbs:

yes. But seriously, wtf?

I do not want to pay for games I already have. Episode 2 should be sold seperate. Jesus valve, at least give us the Steam option of black box!

if already have hl2 and ep1 how will u buy ep2, portal, teamfortress without rebuying hl2 and ep1 again???? Can u buy them separatE?

Yeah,

I really don't think Valve will be stupid enough to alienate the dedicated fan base by forcing them to re-buy old product just to get their hands on new games. At worst, we'll have to buy the three games separately paying ~$10 more than we would have payed if we had bought the Black box.

Of course this will force the fan base to use Steam to get at the games separately, which is most likely what Valve is trying to accomplish. Just remember that Valve is a company; it will rape you twice, give you a good game, and then rape you again for good measure.

This sucks... Seriously, I have now 3 copies of HL2:DM, one from HL2, one from CS:S and one from HL2 Ep1.

I have 2 CS:S copies, one from HL2 package, one from DoD:S package.

And now I am going to waste my cash to new copies of HL2 and Ep1. This is lame.

Why can't they sell the games one by one with low price? It is like, 20 bucks to the toilet when I am buying Orange Box. Or maybe some of my friends want to buy the codes from me.

This sucks... Seriously, I have now 3 copies of HL2M, one from HL2, one from CS:S and one from HL2 Ep1.

I have 2 CS:S copies, one from HL2 package, one from DoD:S package.

And now I am going to waste my cash to new copies of HL2 and Ep1. This is lame.

Why can't they sell the games one by one with low price? It is like, 20 bucks to the toilet when I am buying Orange Box. Or maybe some of my friends want to buy the codes from me.

Look at the link I posted above.

im glad they will still be offering the 3-way on steam ... i did kinda want the black box tho i prefer disk to steam =/

Let me get this straight...

You prefer a cd instead of digital distribution when your gonna put that cd online and use the digital distribution... :rolling:

Have you had a good talk about your priorities lately to yourself? :upstare: If your gonna buy it just to put it online, you really don't need the cd in the first place...

Just buy it and go to bed :smoking:

Let me get this straight...

You prefer a cd instead of digital distribution when your gonna put that cd online and use the digital distribution... :rolling:

Have you had a good talk about your priorities lately to yourself? :upstare: If your gonna buy it just to put it online, you really don't need the cd in the first place...

Just buy it and go to bed :smoking:

Hmm, lets see about this. People with rather slow download speeds will be there forever, so wouldn't it make sense to put your cd in, install, and play after it updated?

I regret buying CoD2 on Steam, because it takes so long to download... Did it work? No.

its a lot more convenient for me to download on steam but for some reason i like actually having the box and the cds ...

1) i feel its a more secure way and im less likely to have technical problems (probly untrue but i cant help feeling that way)
2) i like having a tangible game ... like looking at it among the others in my collection on my desk as opposed to on my screen

Stupid valve ripping me off 10 bucks.

I'll buy it anyway of course, but curses upon them none the less. :LOL:

If a black box can survive a plane crash, why doesnt Valve make all games outta that stuff???

Why have a three pack at all on Steam, no sense not to offer seperately

Back