Black Girl identified only as "Black Girl" in yearbook

Dark Elf have you ever been to America? You know that race isn't much of an issue, right? Trust me, we all laugh at Dave Chappelle, not just black people (and no it isn't derogatory in most contexts, at least not in this country). There isn't a lot of racism in America, even in the South. Sure we have some KKK crazies, but America as a whole tends to ignore those types.

except being called "the black girl" is well known as a derogatory term. Even if it is accurate (being as she's colored). It's like calling someone with a disability a retard, its accurate but its still an insulting way of saying it.

How is describing the colour of someone's skin derogatory? I wouldn't of done anything different to what they did, any place holder for her would most probably pick out the most striking difference between her and the others, seeing she was the only black girl in the picture, call her the black girl. How would you come up with a placeholder for her, mention every single characteristic she has trying desperately hard to avoid mentioning the colour of her skin? If you were in a group picture surrounded by 500 black men, how would people pick you out straight away, "the white guy"? most probably. It isn't racism, just common bloody sense and the people accidently forgot to remove it.

the_lone_wolf said:
get over your :rolling: political correctness :thumbs:
it's not about political correctness, it's about being rude, ignorant, and stupid

put yourslef in her shoes, and see how she felt

Razor said:
How is describing the colour of someone's skin derogatory? I wouldn't of done anything different to what they did, any place holder for her would most probably pick out the most striking difference between her and the others, seeing she was the only black girl in the picture, call her the black girl. How would you come up with a placeholder for her, mention every single characteristic she has trying desperately hard to avoid mentioning the colour of her skin? If you were in a group picture surrounded by 500 black men, how would people pick you out straight away, "the white guy"? most probably. It isn't racism, just common bloody sense and the people accidently forgot to remove it.
you are missing a point, maybe identifing some one by their skin color isn't all that bad, but putting it in a yearbook under her name isn't acceptable, i'd kick the kid who did it in the shins

shadow6899 said:
^^ i'da beat the kids ass, girl or not...
let's go tag-team on him, and if it's her i'll date her, make her fall in love with atleast one of us and then ruthlessly dump her ass

OMG ****ing lol. My cousin is black and someone called her black chic cause they didn't know her name and she couldn't stop laughing...but putting it in the year book.....

Jesus people. I think it's not the smartest thing for the editor to do, and its not right either, but cmon, its High School. You just have to deal with things like that.

the_lone_wolf said:
she was the only black person in the year and they couldn't identify her???

breed them smart down south don't you? that explains "dubya":upstare:

edit:: shouldn't there be a new thread entitled...

"black girl identified as "black girl" in thread title"

get over your :rolling: political correctness
:thumbs:

haha thats so true. i think this is an honest mistake because i have worked on yearbook staffs before. For place holders we always wrote descriptions.

I'm sorry but I found this very funny. What's funny about it is how they left it in the Y.B. for everyone to see. rofl

Haha...yeah, I've worked on yearbooks before and I'm willing to cut them some slack. Hell, with our senses of humor, its lucky it wasn't something more embarrassing than "black girl." :D

And yeah, saying this is representative of Texans is stupid, as always.

I think she will work over the fact that her skin colour is now known to everyone. Boo-Hoo, I feel so sorry for her. As for the Texas thing, you guys need to get over them stereotyping thing, because thats the only way polotics work. :)

iyfyoufhl said:
it's not about political correctness, it's about being rude, ignorant, and stupid

put yourslef in her shoes, and see how she felt
get over yourself,

it was a mistake, but only because of the hysteria that seems to accompany a situation like this - ignorance doesn't come into it, what sort of person in the USA or UK doesn't know the PC posse will rip your balls off for calling someone black and not tip-toeing around the subject like it's taboo or something

these PC nazis just piss me off, i know black folks that are less offended by these "racial slurs" than they are.

/rant

LOL! Wow, they called her "Black Girl"

Now tell me....how is that offensive? If I was described as "Fat waste of life" in my yearbook I would have a good laugh about it, oh well...

There are many more racially offensive terms they could have used as placeholders which I think everyone would agree, would be fine to get outraged by. But I don't, personally, think its that offensive.

I dont think its offensive personally, but they could have put ?? or something...surely.

Wow, lets take a step back here. These have been some of the most hypocritical posts I have EVER seen.

“I can’t believe they would write that and label her black. That’s ignorant and stereotyping. Leave it to Texas! They are all racist rednecks!”

If you are one of the people with a post similar to that I want you to think about it for a minute.

superjuanchango said:
Wow, lets take a step back here. These have been some of the most hypocritical posts I have EVER seen.

“I can’t believe they would write that and label her black. That’s ignorant and stereotyping. Leave it to Texas! They are all racist rednecks!”

If you are one of the people with a post similar to that I want you to think about it for a minute.
QFT...so ****ing right.

Back