Black Mesa Media Update 2

Sloth

Tank
Reaction score
The Black Mesa have released Stage 2 of their revived media releases. Featuring some of the more premium maps from the Original Half Life as well updated player and character models across the spectrum, picking their way out are some in game shots of Black Mesa's new venture on the Source Engine.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/media/anomalous_tc_01.jpg
http://www.blackmesasource.com/media/gargantua_beauty.jpg
http://www.blackmesasource.com/media/houndeye_ingame.jpg

As promised, the Black Mesa team is proud to present "Stage 2," the final stage of our media release. This time around, you'll see some new and updated media shots in many areas. In response to community critiques, we've updated the Glock and Mp5 weapons, the outdoor area at the start of Residue Processing, and the Gargantua render. We also have lots of new material to give you, including a high poly model of one of our grunt variations, more shots of Blast Pit, Anomalous Materials, Lambda Core, and an animation of our Houndeye. Several updates to the site have also taken place, courtesy of our new dedicated web designer, Brett Alton.

Something different inside this Media Update is the animation sequence for the houndeye, to view click here.

If you would like the view the whole media update, wander over to the official website here . Also don?t forget to vote for Black Mesa at ModDB ? if that?s were you want your vote to go, click here to vote for BM:S.

NOTE: Due to the downed Main Site, pictures will only be posted as links, please bear with us untill this issue is resolved. But do click the first image, 'They're waiting for you, Gordon, in the test chamber'.

I can't get over how decked out the MP5 is.

Not that it's bad, but I hope they put in use of the ironsights so we can use that red dot.

Still, I just can't wait to get my hands - more like Rifle - onto a houndeye...

By the way, the animation you linked to shows a houndeye, not a bullsquid.

Animations look a bit cartoony and exxagerated. And the standing up one just looks bad.

Its what happens when you try to write a Newspost past midnight, still works, only after one or two edits...

Animations look a bit cartoony and exxagerated. And the standing up one just looks bad.

I personally really like the look of the animations, gonna be great when we get some gameplay videos

Impressive as ever but the houndeye looks like a galloping anus. That's not a euphamism, not a criticism of the animation (the animation looks top-notch in-fact), but that's just how the creature itself has literally ended up looking. Which is fair enough, adds an element of unintentional comedy to the game, I s'pose. ;)

Impressive. I like the look of Residue Processing.

Still no female assassin. I want ze BOUNCING BOOBS!

I know of no Half-Life 2 modification that is currently known as Black Mesa Source :p

The Houndeye could do with being slimmer. It seems a little 'beefy', especially the blue bits and the ring around its head. I'd definitely make it slimmer. The Garg texture looks nice, but when actually looking at the Garg in high-def goodness it looks a little gimmicky, especially the mouth. ^^

Test Chamber looks nice.

Oh man I practically yelled out "NOOOOOOOOOES POOR THING" when I saw that poor houndeye limping :(

Oh man I practically yelled out "NOOOOOOOOOES POOR THING" when I saw that poor houndeye limping :(
You just wanted to hump the defenseless animal.

Nice media update, I'm looking forward to the real thing :)

Wow! Indeed the Test Chamber looks fantastic
Can't wait for that in-game trailer promised for the upcoming months! :bounce:

All looks awesome, but the in-game screenshots are quite strange, don't know why... Shadows seems to be quite overdone in houndeye-in-game... Geez, I can't really put it. It doesn't quite look the same as other Source games at this stage.

Nevertheless, I'm waiting for it.

Hot hot hot! The screenshots look amazing.

About the houndeye:
It's neat that the houdeye blinks, although I don't like how the texture doesn't move with the eyelid - it looks like it is stretching the texture or something - perhaps this could be tweaked?

In another direction, rather than one main eyelid, it could be interesting if each eye could blink individually in a (seemingly) random fashion, although I know this would make the model more complex, but it might be doable...

The test chamber is looking much nicer than the alpha shot I saw that had a blue barrel falling out of the sky :p

The garg...I don't know. It just looks...wierd in some way...

And I just plain don't like the houndeye's compound eye.

Impressive as ever but the houndeye looks like a galloping anus. That's not a euphamism, not a criticism of the animation (the animation looks top-notch in-fact), but that's just how the creature itself has literally ended up looking. Which is fair enough, adds an element of unintentional comedy to the game, I s'pose. ;)
I would never have thought of that. Now I will never be able to think of anything else. Curse you :)

This mod looks utterly superb. Without wanting to grease their collective pole too much, I seriously doubt that they'll f*ck this up. Credit where credit's due and all that jazz.

I allways used to beat the Houndeyes to death with the crowbar :cheese:

Yeah they're not much of a threat, i just jump on to them and bludgeon them. But this mod looks fantastic, it's doing what I wanted Half-Life:Source to do, not just dropping in some HD textures and tacking on physics.

Yay, HDR in the test chamber! Woot!

... except that I can't run HDR. :(

I don't get it. How can it be mod of the year when its not even out yet :O?

Looks pretty good.

I am the only one that thinks the BMS-Theme Song (before it was called "Indecisive") totally kicks ass?

Anyway, the new media is pretty good. Really took a liking to the test chamber. The Garg render was awesome as well, though the mouth looked a little awkward on it. All in all, though, I'm really looking forward to this mod being released.

Who can not like this? I mean for gods sake, it's Half-Life with the Source engine! I wonder if they manage to maintain the feel from the original game though

Back