Black Mesa: Source Update

Dioditto - Seems completely pointless to be honest. Already been 2 other ones, which have both folded now.

jheaddon said:
Dioditto - Seems completely pointless to be honest. Already been 2 other ones, which have both folded now.
dont be scared of a little competition :)

I'm not scared, he can make one if he wants. Just stating that it'd be more worthwhile contributing to the same end :)

dunno if this has been posted but where did the black mesa source web site disappear to....I hope this is not a repeat post but I did not want to bother reading through the pages of posts

I had an idea, what if there were many scientists in the test chamber doing other work silently. Then of course, they're liquified in the resonance cascade.

loker269 said:
dunno if this has been posted but where did the black mesa source web site disappear to....I hope this is not a repeat post but I did not want to bother reading through the pages of posts
A few posts above you. ;)

jheaddon said:
Just to let you know, we are changing host at the minute, so our forums will be down. We're trying to resolve this at current, keep tuned!

I don't like the sound of "Black Mesa Source"
And 2ndly, I think they lack the expertise to finish it.

I just tried going to blackmesasource.com and it says something about the account being suspended ???

Yes sniper, we're changing hosts at the minute, it's up but needs a few final bugs fixed from it before we'll put it back up.

Sorry guys

I'll just like to point this out to all those who complain about the slight Decayed look to BMRF. In the wad file for HL1, many of the the textures are referenced as 50slight or 50swall or something to that extent hinting that BMRF was constructed in the 50s at some point in time. Obviously they would attempt to keep the equipment up to date but the structure itself wouldn't be renovated often due to it being a secret government research facility.

Agent G-Man said:
Actually, Black Mesa was constructed at the end of the 1960s.

Actually how would you know that? I reckon that's your guess, right?

AJ Rimmer said:
They're just guessing on that site.

Well, it was written before we had any information on Half-Life 2. I think it's all fairly accurate (except for the SPE, the G-Man being the Administrator, and him having the title 'operative LM'). Guess where I got my name? :p

operative lm said:
Well, it was written before we had any information on Half-Life 2. I think it's all fairly accurate (except for the SPE, the G-Man being the Administrator, and him having the title 'operative LM'). Guess where I got my name? :p

But it's still speculation, and shouldn't be quoted as part of the official story...

Back