Blood on the walls?

He@t!

Reaction score
Is there a command that can leave the blood on the walls for a long time?

i guess that would be decal limit i think 4096 is the maximum but im not sure

Is it possible to force decals to stay on walls etc in between rounds? That would be cool.

The server is reset, i.e. physics objects, bullet holes, blood, and there is obviously a reason why Valve did that. So my answer would be no, you couldn't carry them over from round to round, but by upping the decal limit, you have the possibility that they will stay the entire round, but remember that bullet holes are each a decal themselves...

mirageacg said:
The server is reset, i.e. physics objects, bullet holes, blood, and there is obviously a reason why Valve did that. So my answer would be no, you couldn't carry them over from round to round, but by upping the decal limit, you have the possibility that they will stay the entire round, but remember that bullet holes are each a decal themselves...
true. Would've been cool though. Especially if the environments were destructible :) My decals won't show if I look at them in certain angles & at certain distances for some reason so bullet holes aren't a problem for me ;)

Are decals that much resource-intensive anyways? If I maxed the decal limit on my 3ghz, 1gig, radeon 9800 pro, would I get any noticable performance drops?

He@t! said:
Is there a command that can leave the blood on the walls for a long time?

Decals don't have a life-span (to my knowledge, anyway). After the server hits whatever "mp_decals" is set to, then the decals start removing themselves. The maximum decals that can de displayed is 4096 (I think).
Example:
mp_decals is set to 100. The server has 105 decals, so 5 decals will be removed.

The first 5 I might add (very positive on that).

mirageacg said:

not 100% sure that the decals reset on each round. just the other day i noticed a few bullet holes in the ground from a previous round before any1 had even fired a shot. they didnt last long tho, only a few seconds.

what about sprays? they should stay like any other version of cs..

Sprays don't stay forever either in CS 1.6, the first sprays are removed once the decal limit is hit.

Back