blue shift 2?

Choscura

Reaction score
i've been playing around with the idea of trying to put together a mod team for a new blue shift. is this idea copyrighted? is anyone doing this? is it an official expansion or something? i've got a ton of ideas for this, so i'm trying to figure out whats holding me back, other than the usual lack of a team.

As far as I know it is an official item of VALVe, and is critical to the storyline of HL.

Since no one but VALVe and the VALVe insiders really know about the whole storyline, I think its safe to say that you shouldn't tinker with a Blue Shift 2.

You can probably us HL intellectual property if you want. Valve would likely have an issue if you called it "Blue Shift" though. What if they want to make Blue Shift 2?

I'd advise against it. If Valve do decide to do another Blue Shift it'll fit in the way they wanted with the storyline of the game. That and if you release yours and hen they release one I'd say most will prefer the official one. I mean no offense to your mod-making skills but, look at what Valve did with Half life 2, do you think you could make a mod that would compete with an official expansion to that? If you do then you can try for the mod if you want, the only peope who may stop you are Valve if they see it as a breech of copyright.

Blue Shift 2 wouldn't really have a storyline, since Barney is now a member of the resistance. It's a safe assumption to say that Valve will probably make an expansion with Barney, so they might shut you down for using their special characters.

They don't want you to mess around with the storyline.

what if i got it right and was doing the same thing they were doing? i honestly don't care enough to seriously consider it any more, but i think the speculation is interesting.

You cant really add on to their product line without some type of conflict.. just call it "Barney-o-rama!"

bliink said:
You cant really add on to their product line without some type of conflict.. just call it "Barney-o-rama!"
Naw...Barneypalooza

Back