Blunders by George and company.

M

moppe

You know who I'm talking 'bout.
My favorite is from the peace-meeting in 2002, when he was consulted about Swedish peacekeeping tropps were allowed in the middle east, and he aswered: "What? Sweden don't have an army."

:)

"Today I recived this year's budget. At least I think it was that, 'cos it had a lot of numbers on it."

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." -George W. Bush, May 14

"There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead." -George W. Bush, May 11, 2001

I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." -George W. Bush, speaking at the Radio & Television Correspondents dinner, March 29, 2001

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' -George W. Bush, Feb. 21, 2001

I was just wondering.. but arent there like 20 threads related to this? :cheese:

Im kind of a fan of the "internets" one myself.

Phraxtion said:
I was just wondering.. but arent there like 20 threads related to this? :cheese:

We don't stop until we get one for every internet created.

Blunders?

How about mentioning "Iraq has weapons of mass destruction".

"Kerry might make a better president than me, but im a lot smarter than him. I think thats the important thing."

ok thats not true

I have made good decisions in the past, and good decisions in the future.

"I voted for the 87 billion dollars.... before I voted against it"

Oh wait, that was just in a George ad, still must count though.

Narcolepsy said:
I have made good decisions in the past, and good decisions in the future.
That one has been claimed to be a quote from Kerry and Bush, and is false either way. Infact, there are thousands of quotes that people make up and claim Bush or Kerry said it.

Here are some good ones.

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country"

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impuities in our air and water that are doing it."

Oh yeah, John Kerry said all of this stuff.

seinfeldrules said:

You people can't stop. Make your own Kerry-bashing thread.

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impuities in our air and water that are doing it." is a dan qualye quote.

Jakeic said:
"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impuities in our air and water that are doing it." is a dan qualye quote.

Tell that to USA Today.

moz4rt said:
Here are some good ones.

"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country"

"We're going to have the best educated American people in the world."

"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a part of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a part of Europe."

"A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls."

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impuities in our air and water that are doing it."

Oh yeah, John Kerry said all of this stuff.

most of those are either bush or Dan Quayl quotes

Looking at one of the links (that one with the long long page), George Dubya's mode of speech reminds me of Homestar Runner, except without the "R" impediment...

Oh, and I still love:

"The left hand-"

<Waves his right hand>

"- doesn't know what the right hand-"

<Waves his left hand>

"- is doing!"

"What? Sweden don't have an army."

...source? Oh, and dont bother posting unless you can back it up.

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." -George W. Bush, May 14

Source...?

The Sweden quote was from an article published today in the NYTimes Sunday magazine.

The problem with Bush isn't that he's just ignorant of many things he should understand before trying to make decisions. The problem is that he doesn't care, and he isn't interested in finding out. The reason we had no plan for post-war Iraq, the reason we have a mess that's killed thousands of our men and women, is simply because Bush had a "gut feeling" that everything woul work out fine and he had already one everything he needed. He was grossly wrong, but he refuses to admit it. He has a certainty in his own judgement that surpasses arrogance, and he seems almost afriad to come in contact with skeptical, critical views. The reason he was such an ass in the first debate is quite litterally because he has come to expect that no one had better dare question or criticize him. The sole qualification for a job with him is loyalty. No one has ever been fired for gross incompetance under him, only for disagreeing with him or questioning his reasoning. That's not a leader anyone should want, Democrat or Republican.

The Sweden quote was from an article published today in the NYTimes Sunday magazine.

Got an internet source?

Most of these quotes are modified with quick edits to make the Bushism either, a.) even worse, or b.) even funnier.

"Vice President Dick Cheney attacked John Kerry. He said that John Kerry 'lacks deeply held convictions.' Today Kerry shot back, he said, 'That's not completely true.'" *Jay Leno

seinfeldrules said:

Oops, that one's accurate.

http://www.factcheck.org/article269.html
He voted for an alternative resolution that would have approved $87 billion in emergency funds for troops and reconstruction in Iraq and Afghanistan, but it was conditioned on repealing much of Bush's tax cuts, and it failed 57-42.

Might want to check out the rest of the article too.

Neutrino said:
Oops, that one's accurate.

http://www.factcheck.org/article269.html

Might want to check out the rest of the article too.

Owned. Completely and totally owned.

I remember reading that a while ago... I love how the anti-Kerrys of the world take things like that out of context. I don't even bother piping up about it anymore, so thanks :)

Neutrino how can you vote for something, but then vote against it? I didnt see that in the article. This topic isnt about policy debate now is it? Rather it is about the speaking abilities of Georgie. I chose to throw in a Kerry one because it is in a George ad.

seinfeldrules said:
Neutrino how can you vote for something, but then vote against it? I didnt see that in the article. This topic isnt about policy debate now is it? Rather it is about the speaking abilities of Georgie. I chose to throw in a Kerry one because it is in a George ad.

I'll explain.

You see many bills are brought before congress. These bills usually have a main point, but then have many additional things tacked on to them as part of the political process. This is done because it is hoped the small things get passed as part of the larger package. Bills very rarely just have one single point to them.

Thus in this case there were two seperate bills. One was President Bush's bill to pay 87 billion dollars among other things. The other bill also was going to pay 87 billion dollars for the war, but it also repealed some of the tax cuts.

So this is what happened. Kerry voted for the bill that would provide 87 billion dollars, but would also repeal some tax cuts. This is not that unreasonable of an action in my opinion considering that in a time of war tax cuts are somewhat unusual. During this same time he also voted against the other bill that provided the money but did not repeal tax cuts.

If you disagree with that action then that's fine. But he did not flip-flop or lie. The reason I commented on that statement was because the thread was titled, "blunders" and that statement was not a blunder. Hope that helps.

Well if you look at how the thread was going, it was mainly Bushisms, not policy errors. I posted a Kerryism.

my fav bush quote....

"..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................." (7 mins later) "that was wonderful children"

moron.

Phraxtion said:

www***morsontheinternets.com

According to notes of the call, at about 9:45 the President told the Vice President:“Sounds like we have a minor war going on here, I heard about the Pentagon.We’re at war . . . somebody’s going to pay.”

Whose notes were these? Ari Fleischer's. Pardon me if I take them with a grain of salt.

(George Bush on NORAD failiure.)

Just recently:

"I made it perfectly clear during the debates, we will not have an all volunteer army"

(scary pause, confused crowd, crowd corrects him...)

"WE WILL have an all volunteer army, let me restate that, there will be no draft."

Ahem....

Back