BMW M3 Test Renders

NSPIRE

Reaction score
I'm gettin' closer and closer to being finished with my 3d model of a BMW //M3 :D... I'm slowly adding custom modifications to it, also and dubbing it an M3-cR :naughty:.

This is just a test render, within the next day or two, I should have a much nicer one up (yes... with reflections 'n junk :p.) I just did this one to check to see if the overall geometry (shape) was o.k.

C / C welcome! Thanks in advance fella's.

Attachments

• m3cr_01.jpg
    m3cr_01.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 426
That is really nice. Tasty, even. Good job. :E

i love the matt look, i hate the way most cars i see have WAY too much polish on them. The shine... it hurts my eyes!

*edit* when you add the reflections, DONT OVERDO IT!!! that is all.

Yeah, that looks very nice!

I like the angle you rendered it from.

Its a nice model but seerms to have some strucutre problems. It looks to me like you have used nurms in teh wrong way. Well not wrong, just inacuratly. Its a good model but could do with toaching things up. I am currently at school so I can't show you but when I get home I will point out things on an edited image.

don't tell me that's polygons. i will cry if it is! NURBS FOOLS NUUUUUUUUURBS!! (can i see a wireframe :))

First, it is NURBS (Non-Uniform Beizer Surface...or something close to that.).

Secondly,this is obviousssly not being made with NURBS.

lol, funny, funny, forum members :p. Well it was all made with Lightwave 7.5; modeled and rendered.

I'll post up a wireframe later tonight when I have more time. Here's a test render with the surfaces put on it...

*Reflections look a little overdone... but no time to tweak it, 'cause I rendered it in a hurry last night :p*

Attachments

• m3cr_03.jpg
    m3cr_03.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 236
o0o, that'd be awesome Pendragon :p. I'd love that!

Attatched is a wireframe :p.

Attachments

• m3_wireframe_01.jpg
    m3_wireframe_01.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 223
Pendragon said:
Non Uniform Rational B-Splines? Nice one, and I thought you had left...

Doesn't add much credibility to your 'obviously' though, does it?
No, I am done posting models.

Lol, thanks Pen. You rock man \o/ haha. Multitalented??? I just draw and do some 3d modelling, nothing uber-special ^__^.

*H00-ray! New avatar for meeee! :bounce:*

"First, it is NURBS (Non-Uniform Beizer Surface...or something close to that.)." did i mis-spell nurbs? no i didn't. shut up.

Hey hey hey, don't be so hostile :D. Just a small correction never did any harm, lol.

I know this isn't the forum to be posting this in but Pendragon, you do seem to be pushing Phantomdesign and trying to get him to leave the forums with your sarcastic and childish comments. I do not like reading them, this is a modelling forum, for both Halflife2 and non-Halflife2 models, so can you stop with the belittling comments towards Phantom. I think his designs are great and so does everyone else, i don't care whether he can't make a character or not, i don't care if he can't make a simple gun model or not, he makes some awesome car models and truck models and i would love to see more of them.

Phantomdesign, i hope you can put the bad comments behind you, i would love to carry on looking at your models as you have a lot of talent, so please don't take the comments of a few people about you not being able to model anything else to heart, and please carry on posting your cars.

did i mis-spell nurbs? no i didn't. shut up.
Was I talking to you? No I wasn't. Shut up.

I'm just kidding, with the last comment, but I seriously wasn't talking to you. What's your problem?

NURBS

"Non Uniform Rational Beta Splines"----> unless my memory decieves me, im pretty sure its that.

To clarify, people can post models from anywhere or anything, even if its for a mod for another engine/game entirely.

We just frown on people from eg: farcry or stalker mods advertising on this site. Other than that we don't mind.

Heh, I hate people that 'advertise' like Fenric hinted at above me. Anyone here remember that 'EvilEw0k' and 'EvilEw0k2.0' guy?! GOD!!!123 That was the only person I think on this forum that I actually hated; he was so fuggin' annoying.

Here's an updated render (much prettier if ya' ask me ;).) But I'm still workin' on it; I'll post here with updates whenever I have them :thumbs:.

Thanks again guys. Pendragon man, you're awesome for replying to all my posts so quickly. Thanks again bro.

As for the windshield and side windows, they're hideous because I have no inside to the car and I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to attempt it...

I'm currently working on the disc brakes (I just finished the door-handle) and the windshield wipers come next. Then more texturing (>__<) YAY! */sarcasm*

very very very nice work there Nspire , tis a beautiful model , may i ask how long u been modelling ?

Holy shit.. :O one of the best models of a car I've ever seen! :thumbs:

phantomdesign said:
Was I talking to you? No I wasn't. Shut up.

I'm just kidding, with the last comment, but I seriously wasn't talking to you. What's your problem?

i guess they envy you couse your so much better then them at modelling

KrAyZiE said:
i guess they envy you couse your so much better then them at modelling
KrAyZiE, do not abuse the reported post feature.

Infact I have no idea why you even reported phantom's post when you agree'd with him.

Strange.

love the render. something about the headlights bothers me tho. Otherwise, very well done.

Back