Borealis Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adabiviak said:
Pardon, but what is Borealis?

Some boat level originaly meant for the start of the game, I think. 'Ice Breaker' or something. Most Half Life 2 sites have one or two pictures of it. Not seen most of these ones ^. Someone else will describe it better.

It's an icebreaker ship, it transferred supplies to kraken base, it got bombed by crab shells and the crew abandoned ship while they were icebound, the rest who stayed got zimbified or killed. It got cut early in developement.

Woah, where did you find this level? :O

It was the original level which included a character called 'owen' i believe, cut from the game, possibly obtained from the leak, i'm not entirely sure though, if it was, this material isn't allowed on here.

Owen? I believe it was O'dell, his head remains on the Cubbage model, the only difference is the mustache.

If you want the levels I can pm them to you, just pm me.

In the early early days, he was called Owen, check Raising the Bar book, you took his boat across some small sea to Mossman. The story was completely different then though. I assume this is leak material though?

Is posting screens wrong? I assumed as long as I'm not posting links to where to download it it's okay.

The last screen is awesome.

fstick said:
Is posting screens wrong? I assumed as long as I'm not posting links to where to download it it's okay.
I don't think it is allowed still, not that you've paid any regard to the rules tonight, so go ahead. Your loss, i suggest next time you are bored go and take a quick sleep, wake up refreshed and without this anger which you seem to want to take out on people. Do this in real life and you'll get yourself in a world of hurt. Maturity should sort you out though...when you reach pubity.

Yep, we'll see when 'pubity' kicks in.

Honestly now, you've failed countless times at your attempts to prove me wrong.

Ah i just enjoy toying with you before you get banned again. I'm dearly sorry for that typo previous, what i meant is that 'fstick hasn't yet reached puberty, therefore he's an immature moron with nothing better to do than come here and flame people' Hope i cleared that up for everyone including you fstick-up-the-arse.

^^^
aww he's banned how, he gave me some good laughs before he went out though :LOL:

Zeus said:
^^^
aww he's banned how, he gave me some good laughs before he went out though :LOL:
He's not banned. Those 13 Warnings and 1 Ban were from before. Sadly, he's still with us. Hopefully, not for long. :D

joule said:
He's not banned. Those 13 Warnings and 1 Ban were from before. Sadly, he's still with us. Hopefully, not for long. :D

Well, *sniff* poor fstick....he's perma-banned. Rest his poor innocent soul....

They'll just ban his IP address; that should stop him...

Those screenshots are from the retail game. I also have the same level and am registered on the same board where I assume he got them.
Borealis is an okay level, not much to do on it though.

It's sort of atmospheric, would be better with the 'Extiguisher' weapon working though, to much fire.

Before release of Half-life 2 I found this artwork of Gordon´s mission in Borealis. I think its interesting image. Also look at these strange Combine soldiers (or its those mysterious Creamtors?).

Jandor said:
Those screenshots are from the retail game. I also have the same level and am registered on the same board where I assume he got them.
Borealis is an okay level, not much to do on it though.

It's sort of atmospheric, would be better with the 'Extiguisher' weapon working though, to much fire.
Jandor, check your pm's...

Well, I finally played this mysterious "Borealis" level and I have to say it's pretty cool.

Needs a few more enemies though.

Well, I finally played this mysterious "Borealis" level and I have to say it's pretty cool.

Needs a few more enemies though.

Borealis_04 is my favourite. Because it has enemies ;) .

Too much beta-type discussion here, which we have a strict policy against

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back