Bored yet?

m00b

Reaction score
Since I dont have hardware to run L4D, i still didnt buy it.
I wonder if it really is replayable as CSS or are you bored yet?

It's really replayable. The AI director is a revolutionary system.

It's not really boring yet. Well it kinda is but the game is just screaming for the SDK to be released. ;)

I only play it with select people, which means it hasn't got boring yet.

Playing in Expert mode is still fun 'cos it's so fricking hard, I never play in the easier difficulties now.

Not yet, but i can see myself getting bored in the very near future. Valve should release the SDK very soon and also starting working on new campaigns too.

Playing in Expert mode is still fun 'cos it's so fricking hard, I never play in the easier difficulties now.

Definitely. After playing expert, advanced is a joke. Expert wouldn't be nearly as bad if there weren't so many idiots out there that don't listen/know what to do.

Nope not yet. Been playing Versus so much I've hardly even played the other two campaigns.

Getting slightly bored of No Mercy sometimes, but I think I just need to mix it up a bit.

You better not be bored. I'd hate to have been waiting around for three weeks while Amazon ****ed me around for nothing.

I'll still play it with you Druckles. I still love it.

Played an awesome Versus game with G-Dub, Digi, Mikael and Glenn earlier on the HL2.net server. :E

Damn right, it was really awesome.

Especially when I was tactically deployed as a tank :D

It's in desperate need of Campaigns. The gameplay its self, is really good and replayable but nobody wants to keep doing the same level over and over.

The gameplay will get old when people stop using your mom jokes.

A bit, that's why I'm taking a break atm. :p Everything gets tedious and boring if you play it too often.
It's a great stress reliever to start up a match now and then though.

it. cannot. be. boring. i still havent got this game and im really looking forward to it.

I am becoming bored, yes. The game is really good but, you know, the same campaigns over and over again...

Personaly its given me more gameplay hours than any other new game this year, and I am still enjoying it today.

Though you shouldnt judge it off other peoples reactions, you cant expect a game to magicly make you like it, if it doesnt already interest you.

Do you have friends?

If the answer is yes, then the answer is no.

The game suffers from what CS:S suffered with when it first launched. Which is, limited # of maps.

The only time the game is boring for me is
#1- Teammates not using microphones or even typing - zzzzzzz
#2- Playing on easy or Normal difficulty is no challenge and ruins the atmosphere of the game

My only other complaint is it is sometimes difficult to get a good VS game going. Playing with friends eliminates that problem though.

Other than those- one of the best games I have ever played.

I've stopped playing it daily and I think it'll drop below TF2 for hours played within a day or two. So maybe the honeymoon is over, but it's still FUN. Maybe not as fun as TF2 but I don't think I'll ever be bored with it.

Just don't play on anything but expert. Its the only way to go.

A wee bit, Valve need to make another campaign or two.

This concern is probably reason why I didn't purchase it after playing the demo...it just seemed like it would get old very quickly.

A bit, that's why I'm taking a break atm. :p Everything gets tedious and boring if you play it too often.
It's a great stress reliever to start up a match now and then though.

do you like the it crowd, i noticed that moss was your avatar. :p

Not bored really, more like fatigued by the repetitiveness. It's one of those rare games where if you lay off it for a while it's just as fun when you pick it back up again.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but L4D seems to have more angry douchebags than most any multiplayer game I've played.

I type derogatory things to the other team in caps lock all the time, mostly as a tension breaker but I think it pisses them off more...

I know what you mean though, I've joined a team halfway through a map and before I could even move someone on the team was shouting "NIPPLES F***ING MOVE IT!!!"

I type derogatory things to the other team in caps lock all the time, mostly as a tension breaker but I think it pisses them off more...

I know what you mean though, I've joined a team halfway through a map and before I could even move someone on the team was shouting "NIPPLES F***ING MOVE IT!!!"

I love crazy people. Just screaming profanities and running "Leeroy" is the most fun for me to do. Usually creates quite a ruckuss. Yes, I just used ruckuss.

It's just get frustrating when some n00bs play on versus. A boomer on my team was just standing there, waiting to spawn, and he didn't do anything. And he let the survivors get into the safe room! I almost tore my hair out!

It's in desperate need of Campaigns. The gameplay its self, is really good and replayable but nobody wants to keep doing the same level over and over.

...I do.

I love Dead Air to the point that I have played through it 7 times.

Not boring yet, if you play it for like 3 hours straight it begins to drag, but a few hours off it and your straight back playing and enjoying it. If you play the campaign and get bored, switch to Versus, althought it needs the other two, better, campaigns its still fun.

VS represents the best and worst of L4D.

Yesterday I swear every VS game I joined people on my team were griefing as a boomer. Either they would never spawn or they would spawn on a roof and not do anything. So the survivors moved through the maps with barely a horde to contend with.

And if there aren't enough friends playing it can take over an hour to get a decent team together. I just want to play!

But when you get a good team then its some good times indeed.

Back