Bots - CS Source

Interloper

Reaction score
Today I played on a server with 22 players / 13 of em bots. I have'nt seen any bots in source up until now. Is this a new thing? Will they introduce a SP version like CS CZ?

Sorry if this is old, and I did a search b4 posting.

Interloper said:
Today I played on a server with 22 players / 13 of em bots. I have'nt seen any bots in source up until now. Is this a new thing? Will they introduce a SP version like CS CZ?

Sorry if this is old, and I did a search b4 posting.
i never heared about CS:S bots =\
What server ?

one things for sure ..it isn't a "legit" server..bots aren't officially released yet

T.H.C.138 said:
one things for sure ..it isn't a "legit" server..bots aren't officially released yet

It was legit, I promise.

They had names like Rock, Steel, Shark etc

All I can tell you is that I searched for servers as normal and picked it due to the amount of players.

Interloper said:
It was legit, I promise.

They had names like Rock, Steel, Shark etc

All I can tell you is that I searched for servers as normal and picked it due to the amount of players.
there is no official bots
so it means its not legit

DigiQ8 said:
there is no official bots
so it means its not legit

Thats right ... U played on a server with the one and only E M P O R I O warrez version ... :O

it certainly aint legit from what i have been told and has been discussed either ***** emporio or warez hacked the beta to make bots available the offcial bot for CS:S will be released soon from valve but they are not functioning properly yet this was an illegal server you played on

Ok I'm sure you guys know what you're talking about. I just wanted to know. I am a bit cunfused that this "non legit" server appeared like all the others.

Anyway thanks for your input.

Attachments

• bots.jpg
    bots.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 370
sorry if i sounded rude but i do hate people with hacked version (i am not saying you have a hacked version) in the case of the server i dont know whether you saw but earlier this week emporio made a half life 2 server and that appeared on steam 2

afrogoat said:
sorry if i sounded rude but i do hate people with hacked version (i am not saying you have a hacked version) in the case of the server i dont know whether you saw but earlier this week emporio made a half life 2 server and that appeared on steam 2

I promise you I am a genuine paying Steam (silver package) customer and I will probably buy a hard copy of HL2 when it comes out too. If you open steam, search for servers, its there - the server that's called Reu Smoke House. - I just checked and someone called Emporio just joined, how does this server get onto masterserver list in the first place?

that arent the bots included with cs:s and unlocked by emporio.
native cs:s bots have a lable "BOT" instead of their ping.
so this must be some sort of plugin

I wonder when we'll se the official bots released ? Let's hope we get them in "The December Update".

I went to a server with those, (Rock, Shark, etc),
they all the "bot" as ping.

RedKetchup said:
I went to a server with those, (Rock, Shark, etc),
they all the "bot" as ping.
thats the emporio unlocked cs:s bots.

but on the screen, it seems like a plugin or so

while we're talking about bots, how smart are they? How do they stack up to other bots? Or do we have information on this?

polypod said:
how smart are they?
pretty stupid
they cant aim
they get stuck in narrow maps
they make 5-10 second pauses between the bursts
they cant use grenades

u can rape 10 of them yourself

BUT
they know the map objectives
they listen to radio commands
they give radio commands
they do hide behind cover
e.g.: bomb is planted.
1 ct goes a
1 ct goes b
the first one to reach a target reports either "sector clear" if he cant hear the bomb (he doesnt look every corner) or "enemy spottet"
the moment he said that, the other bot acts accourdingly (either go ahead to the other target or turn around to help his mate)

i heard with the scripting in the SDK, we will have more control over their actions with triggers.. like in Far Cry, you would designate places to hide for them, what direction to take cover from, and much more complex things with triggers,(like, if 3 of your buddies get killed within 10 seconds, a second squad comes out)<--actually that doesn't address things like ability to acquire targets quickly...
i hope we have as much or more control in HL2!

jacen said:
pretty stupid
they cant aim
they get stuck in narrow maps
they make 5-10 second pauses between the bursts
they cant use grenades

u can rape 10 of them yourself

BUT
they know the map objectives
they listen to radio commands
they give radio commands
they do hide behind cover
e.g.: bomb is planted.
1 ct goes a
1 ct goes b
the first one to reach a target reports either "sector clear" if he cant hear the bomb (he doesnt look every corner) or "enemy spottet"
the moment he said that, the other bot acts accourdingly (either go ahead to the other target or turn around to help his mate)

The bots on that server were no way as bad as that. I played against them on a previous map.

Look at the scores. I'm not saying they were fantastic, but "rape 10 of em" - no way.

interloper please read my posts

i allready said that this arent native cs:s bots bcause they have ping 9 and arent labelled BOT

jacen said:

i allready said that this arent native cs:s bots bcause they have ping 9 and arent labelled BOT

Uhm I think you should look better at the pic. The Latency says BOT. The 9 you are talking about are deaths.

They are from the emporio warez version - aka the hacked CSS.

They are also in the legal version of CS:S, however they are currently locked presumebly until Valve think they are ready to release them.

LawOfTheStraw said:
Uhm I think you should look better at the pic. The Latency says BOT. The 9 you are talking about are deaths.

oh shit

sry, im on 1024x768 here so i didnt saw the bot the first time and the deaths did look so similar for most of the bots that i assumed it was the ping.

nevertheless, the bots are what i discribed them.
maybe u can change the aiming in some difficulty options in the cfg. i dont know.
but they really get stuck in narrow passages and they cant use nades

congrats for not using the search button. I believe this has already been talked. And yes that's the cracked version. I have one so i know. And no im not a bastart that isn't buying the game. I have collector's edition in pre-order and comes off somewhere in the beginning of December. And i think it's pretty long wait so i play the cracked. Problems anyone? ^^

Bot commands are in console like this Bot_kill bot_add etc. but i dont know that does it work with client and the bots names are not emp0rio. btw im not even playing online so u can atleast forgive me lol :D. And why am i buying the game? Well I WANT THE SUPER MODS <3 That are being done and play them online. At the moment im waiting for mechmod hl1 release.

ps: Sry for long post. Since i don't post much. I post much less often. Funny? those bots suck... xD ( oh i guess this isn't much D: gotta write less often then xD maybe then my replys are BIG)

jacen said:

Why don't you read this thread properly, for gods sake man.

Haku666 said:
congrats for not using the search button. I believe this has already been talked. And yes that's the cracked version. I have one so i know. And no im not a bastart that isn't buying the game. I have collector's edition in pre-order and comes off somewhere in the beginning of December. And i think it's pretty long wait so i play the cracked. Problems anyone? ^^

Bot commands are in console like this Bot_kill bot_add etc. but i dont know that does it work with client and the bots names are not emp0rio. btw im not even playing online so u can atleast forgive me lol :D. And why am i buying the game? Well I WANT THE SUPER MODS <3 That are being done and play them online. At the moment im waiting for mechmod hl1 release.

ps: Sry for long post. Since i don't post much. I post much less often. Funny? those bots suck... xD ( oh i guess this isn't much D: gotta write less often then xD maybe then my replys are BIG)

Another one who doesn't read posts properly. I did search and I did apologise in advance WHAT MORE CAN I DO???

Sorry but I'm in a flaming bad mood..........

jacen said:
nevertheless, the bots are what i discribed them.
maybe u can change the aiming in some difficulty options in the cfg.

They have difficulty settings, yes. Must have been on the lowest of the low.

TaiFong said:
They have difficulty settings, yes. Must have been on the lowest of the low.
okay i found it
bot_difficulty 0-3
bot_allowgrenades 0-1

they was set to 0 // 0 in my cfg .. ill try it with 3 // 1 tomorrow

its an EMPORIO server, unlegit

and trust me, these bots are not dumb, at level of 3, one can take on easily 4-5 experts, :eek: , its nuts, i saw one in action 4 humans against one CT, the terrorists took out 3 guys from long distance with single shot head shot of glock, the bots can see through walls ect and know where you are :hmph:

I also have purchased HL 2 by my uncle and want retial, so i am playing warezed version, so techinally i am illegally playing my legal copy!!11 don't bash me :eek:

i dunno
i played with bots once on dust
all they did was camp at B

they're fairly good. They aim well at the higher levels.

Looking forward to HL2 and hopefully the release of all those other things we bought and can't have yet.

The only thing I disliked about them was how they could see and walk through physically simulated objects like they didn't even exist. That's probably one of the reasons why they haven't been released.

Back