Bots or no bots?

E

EricAw

I think that there should be some bots to play with if your offline.
Or else,it would be a bit boring;(

there are to many variables for bots and i think it would take forever to code that. its possible in the future but unlikeley

The style of play in TF2 is virtually impossible to mimic with bots. It takes a certain level of intelligence/improvisation to be any good at TF2, something that a bot simply cannot do.

You can spawn bots but they don't do anything. Just stay at spawn.

The style of play in TF2 is virtually impossible to mimic with bots. It takes a certain level of intelligence/improvisation to be any good at TF2, something that a bot simply cannot do.

QFT. Infamously one game reviewer (IGN I think) actually marked TF2 down for "lack of bots" when it is patently clear to anyone with half a braincell that there simply doesn't exist any form of AI out there (let alone game AI) that is capable of replicating the snap decision making that is a requisite of TF2 game play.

Yeh I remember reading that. There were so many posts on the IGN user forums criticizing him for what the said.

He probabaly didnt even play the game.

Yeah well Counter Strike doesn't have 9 classes that all have different amounts of skill.

Yeah well Counter Strike doesn't have 9 classes that all have different amounts of skill.

qft, yes css ai is much easier because basically the team only has 2 goals. they choose there gun and choose a route. with tf2 you have to choose a class,be helpful to the team and all that. thier are way to many scenarios that come into play in tf2.

This thread reminds me of the moronic, but fun TFC bots back in the day - and the hell I would unleash upon them. Like this old screenshot I saved...

1eda6134971c677d3907c44lp3.jpg

I would only support bots if Valve adds a server filter to Steam so I could not show any servers that have bots. I hated having to manually check in CS before joining because it would look almost full but in reality there were no humans playing.

Back