Breakable model; spawning static/dynamic models

WillY

Reaction score
Hi! I've been trying to get some help on the VERC forums, without any luck. Hopefully i get some more help here :E

My problem is, i cant get gibs from a breakable model to spawn as static or dynamic models useing $collisiontext. Im making a window, and i simply want the model to be replaced with the broken model when taking damage. I got no problems getting it to spawn as a physic model, but eh thats not what i want it to.

Heres the .qc for the breakable model:

$modelname "nusr\obj_building_details\window1_glass.mdl"
$cdmaterials "models\nusr\obj_building_details"

$surfaceprop "glass"

$keyvalues { prop_data { "base" "Glass.window" } }

$body studio "window1_glass.smd"

$sequence idle "window1_glass.smd" fps 30

$collisionmodel "window1_glass_broken_phy.smd" {
$mass 7
$concave
}

$collisiontext {
break { "model" "nusr\obj_building_details\window1_glass_broken" "health" "10" "fadetime" "6000" "motiondisabled" "1" } //got "motiondisabled" from the window in Lost Coast
}

And the .qc for the broken model. Its like the .qc for the broken window model in Lost Coast(well decompiled):

$modelname "nusr\obj_building_details\window1_glass_broken.mdl"
$cdmaterials "models\nusr\obj_building_details"

$surfaceprop "glass"

$keyvalues { prop_data { "base" "Glass.window" } }

$body studio "window1_glass_broken.smd"

$sequence idle "window1_glass_broken.smd" fps 30

$collisionmodel "window1_glass_broken_phy.smd" {

$concave
$mass 500.0
$inertia 1.00
$damping 0.00
$rotdamping 0.00
}

Right now it spawns as phys model, and it says CreateEvent: event 'break_prop' not registered in console, what ever that means

I know nothing about this stuff... but the error says break_prop, something... and...

$collisiontext {
break { "model" "nusr\obj_building_details\window1_glass_broken" "health" "10" "fadetime" "6000" "motiondisabled" "1" } //got "motiondisabled" from the window in Lost Coast
}

has the word break in it... make it say break_prop instead? don't shoot me... I'm just an idiot...

Welcome to the forums - not a modder/coder myself, or I'd try to help.

RandomX, no didnt work. not sure what the "break" thing does. Theres no doumentations for $collisontext either :angry:.
And does anyone know what "CreateEvent: event 'break_prop' not registered." means??

Back