Broadband

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting adsl with internode, now my dad has got this thing in his mind where playing online games like css uses up heaps of downloads, question is : Does it?

If I get a 15gig limit would that be any problem, Keep in mind Internode assesses usage only in the 'download' (Internet-to-customer) direction, and traffic returned from the customer to the Internet is FREE.

if you know what i mean.

its 15gigs a month and i play like 80hours a month (20hours a week)

I doubt these numbers are correct, but for this purpose, I'll assume the game connection uses about 1.5kbs. So 1.5kbs x 60 (seconds in a minute) x 60 (minutes in an hour) x 80 (hours played in a month) = 432,000MB's a month. Wow, that's a lot..

Don't worry about that lol. You will be fine. Even with 56k modems you can play rofl. And those can't even download 15GB in a year :p

Ive got a 30Gb download limit and I was wondering if I was paying too much so I downloaded a bandwidth meter from

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/link/tbm/

I play CS for a couple of hours most days and last month my total internet usage was just under 3.5GB.Gonna give it another month and if its the same I may downgrade my package

limits suck... I've got 12Mb/1Mb and no limits :)

TrippyG said:
limits suck... I've got 12Mb/1Mb and no limits :)
Yeah I've got 1mb/256kb With no limits. It's just better that way, since you aren't constantly monitoring yourself.

Oh and two people use my network, so :\

yeah well i got 56k with unlimited access oooo yeah :cool:

Back