BT noob

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.Calhoun

Reaction score
I know this will sound noobish but i need help, i dont know how to use a bittorrent file.

I have something to download but i cant open it or anything because its a BT, how do i open it and get the file installed on my computer?

Um when you have a .torrent file you need to download a BT program, like azureaus. With that program you can download the file using the .torrent.

Ok after about 9 hours of a slow ass download, i have the file downloaded.

Now how the hell do i open it? When i click open it it says "Application not found"

please someone help, ive been waiting for so long im going insane

.nrg

(10 char)

EDIT: it says its done downloading but it looks like the Uploading is still going up...do i have to wait or something?

you have to give windows a voice command or the bittorrent won't be unlocked. you must say this "i hereby pirate this software and sell my soul to the devil". then and only then will the file be unlocked on your harddrive.

poseyjmac said:
you have to give windows a voice command or the bittorrent won't be unlocked. you must say this "i hereby pirate this software and sell my soul to the devil". then and only then will the file be unlocked on your harddrive.
.....please honestly im going to go crazy.

can anyone help me?

EDIT: im using Azureus

B.Calhoun said:
.....please honestly im going to go crazy.

can anyone help me?
Once your download has been completed it will continue to share to other people, this is called 'seeding'.
You can just stop that, but its nice to other people keep it going.

As for the .nrg file either burn it to cd with something like Nero or mount it, sort of fake burning, using daemon tools

switch said:
Once your download has been completed it will continue to share to other people, this is called 'seeding'.
You can just stop that, but its nice to other people keep it going.

As for the .nrg file either burn it to cd with something like Nero or mount it, sort of fake burning, using daemon tools
Do i need to use a CD while "mounting" it?

B.Calhoun said:
Do i need to use a CD while "mounting" it?
No, It just creates a fake drive in My Computer that sort of works like a normal CD/DVD drive. You put stuff in it by mounting files such as .cue .bin .nrg ect. And mounting doesnt take up any more space.

B.Calhoun said:
WTF!

When i use daemon i get an Error: command line
er, no idea why, try restarting.

Going to bed now anyway; If you still can't get it to work you can also use Alcohol 120% (just google it) to mount and burn, however you might get the same problem.

switch said:
er, no idea why, try restarting.

Going to bed now anyway; If you still can't get it to work you can also use Alcohol 120% (just google it) to mount and burn, however you might get the same problem.
wow thanks a million bro, alcohol 120% worked :thumbs:

HURRAY! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cheers:

winrar does ACE's as well. its the only compression utility you need.

Guys given the amount of legimate things such as patches and videos and so on that get released these days on torrent it's a valid topic and I wont mind about the actual mechanics of the thing or which client is best. However thats as far as it go's and let's keep it that way. Links to torrent sites carrying illegal files or the like will earn you a severe warning at least.

mashed post is an example of what no to type. I ahvent seen a single legitimate item that would require that info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back