Buckle down...look at the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
nw909 said:
Jesus you guys, I tried the password "gaben" on these forums last week. and guess what, IT WORKED.

So I send him an e-mail to tell him to change it, just in case something like this ever happened.

Serious nw909? I heard you in IRC talking about that yesterday. I thought you were joking.

blahblahblah said:
Serious nw909? I heard you in IRC talking about that yesterday. I thought you were joking.

I wasn't joking, I was hoping something like this wouldn't happen.

I'm trying to think of a time when Valve went to many sources, releasing info that could not be refuted as true info from Valve. It hasn't happened, but I wish it would... I'm going to stop believing anything until it's sent directly to some public media. :rolleyes:

Gorgon said:
So you are the hacker >/ :imu:

Yeah gorgon, I made that post, right after I told gabe to change his password just incase something like this happened.

Great thinking.

nw909 said:
Yeah gorgon, I made that post, right after I told gabe to change his password just incase something like this happened.

Great thinking.

yeah, but how did you know about it from yesterday. :cheers:

Gorgon said:
yeah, but how did you know about it from yesterday. :cheers:

How did I know about what?

I told gabe to change his password 4 days ago.

nw909 said:
How did I know about what?

I told gabe to change his password 4 days ago.

Yeah, but I meant how did you know about it 4 days ago that the pass was Gaben, the incident just occurred today :rolleyes:

Its strange that Gabe Newell didnt answer any ( big ) Gaming Site
GameSpy
An email request to Newell last night to confirm the post was never answered.

Gorgon said:
Yeah, but I meant how did you know about it 4 days ago that the pass was Gaben, the incident just occurred today :rolleyes:

I was bored, I thought it would be funny if I could get into Gabe's account, so I tried the password gaben, and low and behold, it worked.

I thought this was kind of stupid of gabe, I knew the password wasn't going to work, too easy, but when it did, I sent gabe the e-mail telling him to change his password.

I'll take a picture of the e-mail if you want, I saved it.

nw909 said:
I was bored, I thought it would be funny if I could get into Gabe's account, so I tried the password gaben, and low and behold, it worked.

I thought this was kind of stupid of gabe, I knew the password wasn't going to work, too easy, but when it did, I sent gabe the e-mail telling him to change his password.

I am not trying to accuse you or to be rude. Did you give the password gaben on a public place such as IRC ?

by the way, forget about it and lets get back to the thread of cracking the Second test. :thumbs:

Srry, I havn't read around much, but wtf is the 2nd test? For that matter, what was the 1st test? Srry don't wanna sound like a "noob". :thumbs:

lol valve and their security problems never fail to entertain!

how on earth, in this day and age that ANYONE can use their name as their password is beyond me.

Personally I think this game has made us all insane, and we've lost all that is known as good judgement.

PS: I'm not saying one way or the other on this subject.

nw909 said:

Yeah, take a screen-grab so we can shut the unbelievers gord.

So what are you saying nw909?

That valve posted the hoax? Or it really was some rando that posted tricking us all?

guise said:
lol valve and their security problems never fail to entertain!

how on earth, in this day and age that ANYONE can use their name as their password is beyond me.

lol maby he entered his name in the password box accidentlly wen he was signing up :E

I knew nw909 was behind it!

Lets stone him! I'll throw the first one

ok, im in, gimme a sec

/me *drives a truck of stones in*

Well, dig in!

/me *throws stone*

SiNNeR said:
I think at this point because it seems everything that could have happened has, any new ideas are purely speculation...enough to drive you nuts :rolling:

rgrgrgr

This is rediculus. You seriously e-mailed him as a warning? I don't believe you because there is no proof. Something I think all of us should get used to.

On a side note. Faking a gold date isn't funny. It's sadistic & un-professional. Someone guessed it or hacked Fallout database. Don't get your hopes up.

what a friggen waste. I am also not in the mood for their "puzzles". Just finish the damn game, your a company you know. One multi-million dollar company that can't keep anything secure.

gabes fat has gone to his head. now hes just a walking jabba da hut.

the funniest thing is that people were actually saying Gabe is GOD or some shit like that when the "gold" announcement popped up

Rafa 5.0 said:
the funniest thing is that people were actually saying Gabe is GOD or some shit like that when the "gold" announcement popped up

lol shows you how they think,, some people are a bunch of bells

lisen up those people , get it through your head, without Gabe and valve you probably wouldnt be seeing this game exist right now.

So I just got back from camping, I'm a little behind the times.....Gabe's password was "gaben?" That's absolutely hilarious. With security like that, no wonder they got a build stolen. On the other hand it could be brilliant security. If I was trying to guess Gabe's password, I would NEVER try "gaben," it's just too obvious! It's like that part in Spaceballs (paraphrased):

Dark Helmet: Give me the codes for the Air Shield!

King of Druidia: The code is.....1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....

Dark Helmet: What? That's the code some moron would have on his luggage!

President Skroob: Hey! That's the code I have on my luggage!

...More than one Valve employee has had their name as their password. Sounds like a switch bunch.

DarkStar said:
So I just got back from camping, I'm a little behind the times.....Gabe's password was "gaben?" That's absolutely hilarious. With security like that, no wonder they got a build stolen. On the other hand it could be brilliant security. If I was trying to guess Gabe's password, I would NEVER try "gaben," it's just too obvious! It's like that part in Spaceballs (paraphrased):

Dark Helmet: Give me the codes for the Air Shield!

King of Druidia: The code is.....1.....2.....3.....4.....5.....

Dark Helmet: What? That's the code some moron would have on his luggage!

President Skroob: Hey! That's the code I have on my luggage!
are you kidding? TONS of people would have tried "gaben" when trying to guess his password. it's why people tell you not to use your name as your password!!! i doubt gabe did it though. hacker probably changed it to make him look dumb

I'm guessing Gabe's job at Microsoft was "Security Research". Would explain why "Windows security" is an oxymoron.

I really really hope it is true. it must be true...it must be true...

gabes fat has gone to his head. now hes just a walking jabba da hut
This is rather rude but funny as hell. TO me i still believe there is something bigger to the picture than somone guessing gabes password, Lets just consider this, Gabe runs a company, IF he really put a password that simple and that original as first name last name letter, then he honostly should not have the responsiblity of a company behind him, He is not a trustworthy person if he cant even tie his shoes without leaving the lace just a bit untied making him tie his shoe agian, this is the same point i have in which if he made that password he let himself be impersonated. His neglegence also might have got his source code stolen, then when he wonders how something like that could have happened, well its simple. PUT DOWN THE DAMN FORK AND FACE THE facts of life.

you are a jerk
sHm0zY, you tell em man, I dont think those punks have the right to make fun of somone just by their looks, i bet if they were fat they wouldnt be successful and creating a game millions of people want to play, hell they should just go and take back every little mean thing they ever said to somone and hope they dont go to hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back