BUG??? Helpme

jan1024188

Reaction score
I ve just bought HL2 Episode one and It has a bug!
I cannot see object(meshes) like gravity gun, heath packs, etc.

Where can I get somthing what would make my game work. I tried running it on several computers, but same bug. Do I have to download any new patch, dll or what?

Please help me out!

OMG...I reinstalled the ****ing game many times, I reistalled nvidia drivers I GOT MAD 100 times!!

I bought a game for what? Reinstalling?

Have you verfied the game files? Are you lieing to us and did not buy it?

i'm betting on the lying part. . . it never ceases to amaze me that ppl can't shell out $20 for a really good game. . .

Lets look at this logically. If things arn't showing up, then the models for them arn't on your computer. You say you have tryed this on several machines, which gives us 3 possibilitys:

You bought the game retail, and the cd is missing some files/ is damaged. Very unlikley.
You bought the game on steam, and it is not downloading some of the files, and misses them every time you reinstall, even on different machines. Essentially impossible.
You downloaded a pirate copy that had some files missing, such that reinstalling or installing on various machines would not work. Perfectly feasible.

There are other options, such as out of date drivers, but you say you updated them, plus, the chances of this on several machines is almost impossible.

I suggest you fetch your coat. I expect shasta will be along shortly to see you to the door.

Yep, the "several computers" bit makes me particularly suspicious. Sounds like a bung install, and with Steam's anal forcing of online validation etc, the only way for that to happen on "several computers" (once would be unusual) would be by having an ILLEGAL COPY - most of witch ARE bung by the sounds of it. Also the "download a patch" bit should always ring some alarms - we all know that you never go off and "download a patch" for HL2 etc, "thanks" to Steam.

Well done to those of you who came to a similar conclusion. And to the thread starter - HAHA what a tool. So unless you are lying to us and you actually haven't tried different PC's, or you are an idiot and tried installing it only on PC's that can't handle HL2 EP1 - buzz off. You couldn't even put this thread in the right place - the help and support section, or even the EP1 section would have been better. Failure.

It's definitely not often, but this time, I agree with you, Shasta. ****ing mark this in the books.

ya I was lying...I didnt try this game on several computers...I just tryed to install it on mine, but I realised my old graphic card geforce fx 5200 doesnt support the textures....

ya I was lying...I didnt try this game on several computers...I just tryed to install it on mine, but I realised my old graphic card geforce fx 5200 doesnt support the textures....
Wrong again. I specifically pointed out what was suspicious about your post, then presented a flimsy excuse for you, to see if you would take it. You did. Congratulations. Come, on - what kind of idiot would lie to us about something like that when asking for help? Lying doesn't help get any problems solved. We all know that. So (as most people do when asking for help) you gave us as much info as you thought would be helpful. If someone wanted help with their car for example, they wouldn't lie and say it was a Ferrari, because that wouldn't get them any useful help. You DIDN'T lie about trying it on different PC's. You probably tried it on a friends PC etc, it didn't work there either, so without thinking, you thought you would come here and ask if there is a special way to get it working.

I also happen to know it runs just fine on an FX5200, as I had one when I first got the game. It's not pretty, but it sure works.

So you're either a pirate, or the worlds biggest doofus that gives out false info when asking for specific technical help, that relies on correct info.

If you feel like entertaining us further, give us a rundown on your Steam account, if you have one. What is your account name?

Verify your game cache using Steam too!

Hah, it even runs on MX 440 SE with 128 MB of RAM. That's my old GPU. In fact, with a bit of o'clocking and hardware tuning, it was able to run the game smoothly with everything in the video options to max (of corse with the lack of DX9 - the shaders, reflections and HDR) with res of 1024x768 . This card is unbeliveable!

Highly adaptable AND it hates pirates.

Huh, thats the old topic, but I did never remember to reply. It was my graphics card driver problem. Game worked and works fine now (I got a laptop with 7900gs).

Back