Bullet frozen in the air

E

Exxray

I'm assuming that bullets aren't actually created and displayed on the screen when firing (you can't see them anyway because they are so fast, so what would be the point). But is there any other cases where you actually see bullets? Not the decals of bullet holes, but actual bullets? Do any of the weapons eject bullet casings? I've never really paid attention to any ejected bullet casings and I'm at work so I'll have to wait until I get home to see.

The reason I ask is because I saw something pretty cool the other day. I was playing on cs_office, and was moving down one of the main hallways right next to the three sets of file cabinets (the ones nearest the garage side of the map, vs. the ones nearer the pop machines). Anyway, I saw what looked like a bullet frozen in mid-air about head-high. Some action had already taken place in that area for that round. I got up close, and sure enough, it looked just like a bullet. I slowly walked around the thing looking at it from all sides, amazed at what I was seeing. Then I promptly got popped by a head shot from behind. :)

Anyone else seen anything like this. I've only seen it the one time, but didn't think to get a screeny of it.

Exxray

whatever your smoking i want it.

j/k i believe you but with out a screenie, your story may not go very far.

W!N

Hehe, I wish I remembered what I was smoking! In all seriousness, I saw it. It was probably some graphical artifact hitch or something that looked like a bullet, but wasn't. Just thought I'd see if anyone else had seen anything like that. For now, I'm chalking it up to the fact that it was about 3 in the morning, and who knows what tricks my eyes ere playing by then. :)

Exxray

Yea, I've seen this a few times. I think it's because the bullet casings react to physics and sometimes they get stuck. If you have your sound real loud and you shoot a few from on top of a ramp you can hear the shells bounce and roll down the slope. :sniper:

jep - is saw that a few times. but it's only the shell, i think ;)

and beam - i love that sound. another great thing in CS:S. small, but makes a huge difference -> better ambient-sound

Too bad when it rolls down it goes really slow and makes a constant TINK TINK TINK which is way un-natural. But they are fun to watch.

Especially in that glass floor map, where everything falls into a pit... You see all the bullet casings bouncing and pinging. :)

yeah lol that was a bullet casing. Bullets in Source (as of now) are "lines" just like in hl1

They modelled the bullets in Max Payne, and I could see them even without bulletime.

off subject, but i was palying in this one bad ass server, where they did soemthign with the physics, and bodies woudl stop mid fall, and just freeze there... and you could hide behind it.

Screenshot:
1319967020_wtfcs.JPG

1120589949_wtfcs2.JPG

i'd love to see that... maybe someone turned the gravity to 0.

Back