Bungie's Marathon series

Solidarnosi

Reaction score
Any fans of the Marathon series? Anyone know if there is a group already remaking this for HL2? Curious, since I loved that series so much (I have M2 for the PC still on my hard drive).

Hardcore fan here man:cool:

I think the last Marathon mod in progress was one way back for the original Unreal tournament engine, looked kinda stupid so if you go with this idea I wish you great luck and with the HL2 engine it should be nice.

Too this day Marathon has made the biggest impact of my life when it comes to FPShooters and I even thank the experience for it gave me some of that creative and artistic originality I crave and I have even made art inspired by the series.

Too bad its hardly even heard from outside the inner community of loyal fans, Thats why you shouldn't be worried about any other mod team making it. Its a rare thing. Just make sure you ask for permission and stay true to the series.

:bounce:

Well Marathon is God,but I'm undecided don't know about Bungie and the route they took. I personally am not a fan of Halo.

:upstare:

I had never heard of Marathon until I read about it on these forums. My computer-game youth resided in the world of Lucasarts and Sierra graphic adventures :)

Are there any PC versions available nowadays?

I think you can still buy some game pack through bungie but I am not sure.

I remember at one point paying $70 for Marathon 2 back in the day lol, Now I think its like $9.

Try the internet, e-bay. But remember its like a 1994 game so don't expect a HL2 quality wise.

Originally posted by cyborgguineapig
Well Marathon is God,but I'm undecided don't know about Bungie and the route they took. I personally am not a fan of Halo.

:upstare:

Bungie was bought out by Microsoft during the development of HALO, at which point it became an XBOX exclusive for the time and lost a lot of its coolness as MS removed stuff.

Originally posted by Logic
I had never heard of Marathon until I read about it on these forums. My computer-game youth resided in the world of Lucasarts and Sierra graphic adventures :)

Are there any PC versions available nowadays?

You can still find Marathon 2: Durandal which was made for PC and Mac (search half.com for it). Or do a google search for Aleph One, this is the open-source port of the game engine; you can download the original Marathon, get updated textures (very nice), updated music, and literally thousands of modded maps for the game. If you need help finding the game, or installing Aleph One/M1A1 (Marathon one, Aleph 1) let me know [email protected]

I am going to do a HL2 conversion of Marathon, btw, even if I have to do it myself! I might pay some modelers to do the guns for me, and some other stuff. More later.

Hell ya, a marathon mod would ROCK! I love bungie but not a fan of how they decided to put an end to thier buisness...i.e. whoring them selves out to Microsoft. Anybody else a HUGE fan of the MYTH series? Talk about the greatest metaserver of all times. I wish there were more games out there that had such a kick ass ranking system. Actually gave you something to play for!

Back