Bunny Hopping Video

ok. i think i got it right now.
apparently you need to adjust the wait commands until they match the flow perfecly.
i needed double wait.
now the real practice begins ;/

Glo said:
yes i tried that too, but i get the same problem
it works every other jump. the other half i get slowed down or the jump fails.
i tired many different timings and none does it right
You've either moved your mouse wrong, or hit the forward key - that script works :p

i've never used a script before.

can i save this in the config.cfg?? or do i save it somewhere else?

ComradeBadger said:
You've either moved your mouse wrong, or hit the forward key - that script works :p

im afraid its more complicated than that. i entered a testing feature into my script. it now looks like this:

Code:
alias "temp1" "temp2"
alias "temp2" "say test1; alias temp1 temp3"
alias "temp3" "say test2; alias temp1 temp2"

alias "w2" "wait;wait"
alias "rapjump1" "rapjump2;w2;rapjump2;w2;rapjump2;w2;rapjump2;w2;temp1"
alias "rapjump2" "+jump;w2;-jump"
bind "mwheelup" "rapjump1"
bind "mwheeldown" "rapjump1"

and made a demo to demonstrate my problem (attachments)
you can see the "test" messages appear even if the jump wont register. any thoughts? i could spam with 1.5 mwheel scrolls every jump, but its not too good to say the least.

bizzy240: yes , you can add scripts to the config.cfg, although its better to create your own cfg file and path it in an autoexec.cfg file

oh lol.. forget it.
apparently 5 waits are perfect now. thanks for your time

not bad, next time you should but cl_showpos 1 though so we can see what speed your going heh

GLo what do u mean by 5 waits?? i used to hop insane in cs 1.1 but i never used any scripts.

I still have yet to see the BHOP vid. Can someone link me?

Sorry, dont have a link handy :(

They were awesome though!

Just for a laugh, today I made a 1.6 BHop script that actually used the spacebar, and would alternate the strafe direction automatically.

It would occasionally jam up my game and freeze, so for now I am trying to learn the mwheeldown method, and I can get a good 5 consecutive jumps before I slow down, which is just enough to dart from one side of Aim_AK-Colt to the other.

Suprised quite a few people today!

Thanks for the inspiration dude!

I'm uploading the two movies right now. 60mb, so it can take a while.

bizzy420 said:
GLo what do u mean by 5 waits?? i used to hop insane in cs 1.1 but i never used any scripts.

Code:
alias "w5" "wait;wait;wait;wait;wait"
alias "w4" "wait;wait;wait;wait;wait"
alias "rapjump1" "rapjump2;w5;rapjump2"
alias "rapjump2" "+jump;w5;-jump"
bind "mwheelup" "rapjump1;w4"
bind "mwheeldown" "rapjump1;w4"

heres what i mean.
please notice you can change the number of waits to match your system / map. i yet to find formula for matching the waits so i had to use good old trial and error.
these settings work for me on the official maps

Hmm, I use no scripts and I can't seem to keep it going as far as you did. I can only do about 4 and then it messes up. Any ideas? Can you like make a tutorial demo or something. Thanks.

ahh I got Glo's script, doesnt work too well for me. How about some tips.

Do you have to keep scrolling up?
Do you have to keep scrolling down?
Do you have to scroll up, down, up, down?

And, would i have to edit the script to fit my mouse?

Help would be much appreciated. :cool:

if you dont get it by now just go download some hacks and watch out when vac2 comes out

you either scroll down or up or both, whatever is more comfortable for you. just not too many times, or else youll be locked into jumping forever : o usually do it just a bit before you land

and yes, if it doesnt rejump immediately after you land, try changing the number of waits until it rejumps the moment you land.
easy way to do it in my script would probably be:
alias "w5" "wait;wait;wait; .... "
alias "w4" "wait;wait;wait ....... "
while in game

make sure you dont have other scripts using the same alias vars ( w4 , w5 )

it is very hard would the starter of this thread like to share with us his script?

another suggestion if you never bunny hopped before is to try it on HL original or its mods. its much easier there. there are some guides too, for bhopping in NS, these may help.

glo your script halped me create my own

] alias "w1" "wait;wait;wait;wait;wait"
] alias "w2" "wait;wait;wait;wait;wait"
] alias "snipswitch1" "snipswitch2;w1;snipswitch2"
] alias "snipswitch2" "lastinv"
] bind "h" "snipswitch1"

good example

I hate script kiddies >_< But just lots of practice with the mousewheel jumping you'll get it down. That's how I got it down in Natural Selection!

Now I just gotta replace the T's with Skulk skins and have me one wierd video..... O_O

i agree, you harm no one ;)
anyways, sounds fun, but i need a link to the vid (yes another one) paaliiizee twistytwist :D wanna see jumpyjumpy

opend the link but some sort of Authorisation required :s

Back