Buying a laptop.. your opinions

Deadline

Tank
Reaction score
Well I am going off to collage in the fall and I was thinking about buying a laptop to bring with me. If it were possible, I would build my own, but from what I hear, it is complex.. like a really expensive jigsaw puzzle.

Being a pretty serious Gamer, I was thinking about buying an Alienware. Here is a link to the laptop I want customized... Let me know what you guys think about this laptop and weather I could get a better deal and so on. also let me know what I should include in the customization. http://www.alienware.com/Configurator_Pages/area-51m.aspx?SysCode=PC-LT-AREA51-M&SubCode=SKU-EXTREME

Thanks!

an ALIESNWARE laptop??? so ur actually gonna get a laptop that u can play games on??? wow, if i was gonna get a laptop id get one for work and email etc, not games. But yes, alienware is the way to go if u want a games laptop and are *ahem* rich.

Laptops are not for games. Seriously. Get a pc for games, and a laptop for notes.

MaxiKana said:
Laptops are not for games. Seriously. Get a pc for games, and a laptop for notes.

I have a pc for games but... aww fine lol

I know i'm probably going to flamed etc for saying this, but for a laptoop which you are going to be working on try an iBook or Powerbook. As far as usability goes they are incredible and when spending long hours slaving away on an overdue essay an apple seems to somehoe relieve some of the stress. Then have ur PC at home or where ever for games.

If you're going to college get a Tablet PC, these things rock and you'll be the envy of all students without one.
Seriously this will save alot of paper.

a maxed out laptop is ok for games. I've always used one. But it has to be maxed out.

Back