Buying RAM

KingPing_NOR

Reaction score
Where can i see what kind of RAM i have? since i have to buy the same type as i have, right?

I need to know the RAM type and something with nummbers between 2100 and 5400 or similar. I need to know all essential things for buying same type of ram that o already have. In system it only says 256 MB RAM.
And im planing on buying a 500 MB RAM chip.

Im to lazy to take the ram chip out and look(to many cables in the way) and since there are so many nice people here i thought i'd ask :angel:

Check your mobos site to see what it can support :)...or simply find your mobo on an online shop and it should tell you :)

You should keep all your ram the same make/size.

Just download SiSoft Sandra (such a useful program) run the memory tests and it will tell you all you need to know about your ram.

Then buy stuff with the same specs.

haha kingpin i like your avatar, should have made him do the pelvist thrust faster...but anyways try to get the same type of ram.

if u have a 400 mhz and a some other type of slower mhz i think it will run on the slower mhz

CPU-Z will tell you what type of ram you have, to include the brand, speed, latencies, etc. Try to get ram that has identical specs.

Back