C.H.A.O.S needs you!

No I'm not, and those maps are still not finished. That freewebs site isn't used, the real one will be up this week.

Hollywood said:
No I'm not, and those maps are still not finished. That freewebs site isn't used, the real one will be up this week.

Ok, cause the guy working on OS was (if you're his friend, then no offense) like "OMFG I WILL BE THE BEST MODDER EVER LETS GET SOmE PEOple to work oN IT!!!!"

He drew a few (horrible) concepts and went "SCRew tTHIS STHIS IS HARD WORKS!".

Hehe, and I loled when he said he was a proffesional "story wrighter" :LOL:

Kinda like how most n00bs who come around asking "how do I make guns for CSS, I want to make lazer rifle!" end up.

Don't be too hard on him, and yes I am his friend. The story was quite good I thought, and alot of other people thought the same. The freewebs site was just to get a moddb account, the real one will be up soon. Oh and by the way, C.H.A.O.S was interviewed today. Check it out: http://valvecommunity.com/interviews/int_chaos.php

sinkoman said:
Ok, cause the guy working on OS was (if you're his friend, then no offense) like "OMFG I WILL BE THE BEST MODDER EVER LETS GET SOmE PEOple to work oN IT!!!!"

He drew a few (horrible) concepts and went "SCRew tTHIS STHIS IS HARD WORKS!".

Hehe, and I loled when he said he was a proffesional "story wrighter" :LOL:

Kinda like how most n00bs who come around asking "how do I make guns for CSS, I want to make lazer rifle!" end up.

That guy also kept asking me "How do you maek nite vison goggles plz?", so I stepped through the theory of how to do it. So he said "So yuo cant do it in console?". I told him it needed to be coded. "But hows? Caen you do it 4 me?"

ARGH!

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
That guy also kept asking me "How do you maek nite vison goggles plz?", so I stepped through the theory of how to do it. So he said "So yuo cant do it in console?". I told him it needed to be coded. "But hows? Caen you do it 4 me?"

ARGH!

-Angry Lawyer

Hehe, generaly, I don't even tell people how to code something. By just TELLING them it, and sending the code over to them, you don't help them understand how the code works, how the clauses work, that sorta thing, and you're just hurting them.

I take it you EXPLAINED it to him in upset lawyer fashion?

Certainly did. It wasn't "add pPlayer->SetRenderColour(Ghey) to line 6" or anything. Itr was "First, start off by adding a dynamic light to the player. Then, create a hud element, and assign a green texture to it..." etc.

-Angry Lawyer

Just read the interview (not all but most of it).

From a coding standpoint, how far through are you on the engine tweaks, and when do you guys think you'll start getting to work on the story?

Engine tweaks, nothing really as we've just finally started getting some real work done. The story, we'll be doing more work on that sometime after tomorrow.

Back